Pedling Hotel & Spa
Hotel Kenny(Thimphu)
Hotel Ghasel(Thimphu)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsan upper floorfree massagebeautiful capitalcentral hotelclimbing stairsspent one nightswiss bakerydogs barkingdecent staygood sizebreakfast and dinnerdining hallwalk aroundlocation is greatroom was largethree nightsenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have a great time in Bhutan and enjoyed Thimphu with culture and shopping. The hotel is very good located. The only down side was the a la cart food order, some how they are not used to cook individually, for a group is buffet and food is OK. Breakfast is OK could be easily improved a bit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel to Bhutan on a regular basis and always choose to stay in this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful as well as the food is good. I prefer to travel straight to Thimphu from Paro airport on arrival and have a rest day in Hotel Pedling before heading towards central Bhutan. I have stayed in quite a few hotels in Thimphu over the past 7 years and this is the one I have settled on. Not too expensive and very comfortable and clean. Newly renovated.

Room Tip: If you stay in Thimphu stay within walking distance of all the shops to save getting the driver or taxi to take you to where the shops and cafe's and restaurants are located. This hotel is central and good. Lower floor is good, less walking up stairs. some rooms have a view of the massive Buddha, right front cnr of building rooms 101, 201, 301 etc
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It was my first trip to Bhutan, the land of the thunder dragon, as they say, and I must say I'm still absolutely stunned. I didn't really know what to expect, as I don't travel much, but I was convinced to go by my friends and I wasn't disappointed, Bhutan should really be on everyones bucket list. But back to the hotel, I thought that we were going to stay at a really simple place, since Bhutan is so remote, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of service, cleanliness and how "proper" the place felt. I don't know much about other hotels in that country, so I have no comparison, but I definitely enjoyed my stay and will go back again if I get a chance.

Room Tip: there seem to be no difference in standard of the rooms on different floors, but they are made in different styles, the 3rd floor seems the most "traditional".
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

having stayed in another hotel pre visit to Punakha we came back to Thimpu and were pleased to be in the Pedling. The room was spacious and there was plenty of space. the room had been refurbed and it has probably the most bizarre bathroom set up i have ever seen. the main bath and shower adjoins the bedroom so there is no privacy if you want to have a bath while the other person is in bed. there's a second shower and toilet with frosted glass doors in the same area offering greater privacy. it may have hoped to appear modern and contemporary but it's frankly weird.

the room was generous with space - there's a sort of sitting area, then a separate bedroom with the adjoining baths.

it was very recently refurbed, this didn't extend down the corridors but it wasn't at all bad.

in truth it was the most "up to date" place we stayed and it was a welcome change and far better than other places we had stayed.

wifi worked.
hot water was generous.

the restaurant was OK - buffet again. There was a very large group of American tourists in the restaurant and while they were fine their tour leader was really loud, insisting on doing his orientation talk about the next day's plans before dinner so all diners had to listen to it. really annoying and uncalled for. not the hotels fault.

given the very central location of the hotel it suffers badly from dog noise.
but i'd stay here again as my first choice in Thimpu.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MollyZero
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a great time at Hotel Pedling. Upon arrival, the monks were blessing the Hotel and the staff invited us to the ceremony which we found so amazing. The Manager explained the Event and we were treated so kindly by all the staff. The meals were very good, the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. We would not hesitate to stay at this Hotel again. We were treated by such kindness........Happy Canadians!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly decorated room. They are updating rooms and working hard to make them All clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends