“Very Challenging Golf course”

More attraction details
Owner description: This is the only golf course in Bhutan and one of the most remote courses on earth.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very Challenging Golf course”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Lakey, the owner of the travel agency through which I traveled Yetis and Dragons Bhutan Travels saw me swinging my arms around, and offered me a round of golf with her friends on this course. Having played in some nice courses in UK and USA I thought I will smash them down, but to my surprise the course turned out to be very very challenging, with very thin fairways, and freaking wind which is changing directions every now and then. I generally play 13-14, but that day I played 30, and went again next day and then next day, the final day I played 13, and got some relief. Knowing my host, Lakey, I think she asked her friends to motivate me, and secretively keep kicking my ball from rough to a nice green patch. hahaha, but yes Its very challenging course, and one should play atleast a 9 hole there, though I still wonder where is there back 9.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Calamine_H

A TripAdvisor Member
“Golf around the 'Bhutan White House'”
Reviewed 22 October 2004

Believe it or not, the Royal Thimphu Golf Course was very challenging. It is a par 33 (about 2800 yds) with plenty of challenges. The water hazzards are man made and are strategically placed and effective. The fairways are narrow with punishing rough and the greens are bent grass and put very true. The golf course is set in a valley with mountains all around and Bhutan's White House is right next to the course. Its a beautiful walk in the park. It cost $35 and it was well worth it. My bag was bigger than the caddy. They have a different set of tees for the back nine. It was a great experience. My tour Guide (---------------------------) set me up with a couple of scratch players who were a joy to play with and were really scratch players. When you are done, eat at the restaurant at the golf course. It is one of the best in Thimphu (along with the Bhutan Kitchen). Have fun.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member