“Post Rodeo Eats”

Cuisines: Mexican
New York City, New York
“Post Rodeo Eats”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The night after the rodeo, Abilene was a ghost town with most everything closed so this was one of few options mid week. Good news is the portions are huge ... I mean huge even in Amercian terms. The quality of the food is OK (better than NYC Mexican) and it's used by the locals as well as the truckers. Most normal humans could share a main here from the varied menu. Worthwhile.

• Visited August 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“LaFiesta McPherson Great~Abilene..ummm No!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Late afternoon/early evening we were only one of two sets of families in entire restaurant. Lots of visiting going on with the staff/employees when we came in... as we ate ...and when we left. Server waited on us (kinda had to) but everyone else ignored us EXCEPT when you go to pay. Boy howdy You have their attention then walking thru the entire oddly laid out restaurant to do so. Maybe because it is connected to a motel? (in the back/on the side) but not a pleasant atmosphere..dark little gloomy. Food mediocre at best (soggy-limp) for pretty high price. Food just did not seem fresh at all and perhaps not much customer volume would explain that? We have eaten mutiple times at La Fiesta in McPherson and many many times in Salina before they closed and so were even more disappointed/surprised that this La Fiesta was not comparable .

Visited June 2014
Arrow Rock, Missouri
“Best I've Had”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Enchiladas suizas was the best I've ever had anywhere. Great salsa and margaritas! Our service was prompt and helpful when ordering. Each of our plates were huge and very tasty!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Caitlin E
“Great Tasting and Cheap!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

La Fiesta is a wonderful Mexican restaurant with authentic Mexican dishes that come in volume for a relatively good price. The only thing is sometimes the waiters don't always speak the best English, but the senoritas are very pretty.

Visited November 2013
WV
“GOOD FOOD, LARGE PORTIONS”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We were just traveling through on I-70 and stopped for lunch. The exterior wasn't promising but once inside it was obvious that it was a clean, friendly restaurant with a very colorful décor. I had not seen a Mexican buffet before and it looked interesting but my husband and I are vegetarians and ordered off of the menu.

They had more interesting options than we are used to choosing from such as battered poblano peppers stuffed with cheese and other options with vegetables. The portions were very large and the staff was friendly and attentive. I asked for a hotter salsa and they brought a very flavorful sauce with a nice amount of heat.

I am not sure of the relationship between the attached hotel and the restaurant but the restrooms were in the hotel section. The restaurant was much more impressive than that section which seemed a little dated and neglected.

If I were in Abilene again, I would stop by for another plentiful plate of good Mexican food.

• Visited March 2014