“The best in town”

Dish
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: A fun little cafe you would expect to find in a big city located in a small town. Fun and flavorful sandwiches paired with a soup or salad all made with fresh ingredients. We offer dine-in, carry-out, and catering services.
manhattan ks
“The best in town”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a gourmet eatery. The menu changes every week and each item is made fresh daily. Thanks for this treat. Only open 11-2 for lunch Closed weekends. Cooks have training a culinary school.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank ejoeb1

Independence, Missouri
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Always looking for a good meal or a good story. Stopped for a late lunch. Shrimp tacos were messy and very tasty with a pesto sauce topping. The ham and bean soup was terrific.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank RDB_Indep
Abilene ks
“Not good”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I have gone here four times everytime we say it is the last. Horrable service very small portions and I would not feed the food to my dog.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Abileneguest
Salina, Kansas
“Fun place”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The menu varies from time to time and there are some different tastes that are not always expected in a small mid Kansas town. I go every chance I get.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank busterSalina_Kansas
Milford Kansas
“Unique and delicious”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Set in an old building, every Monday a new menu is produced. Do not expect anything that would be on a regular menu since the chef loves to put together whatever she finds in the market. We both had sandwiches- his the scrambled egg salad and me the grilled cheese with caramelized onions, cream cheese and green olives. Both were good enough for me to write my first review. I also had the homemade chicken/curry/pasta side soup. My husband had the pasta and pesto side salad. YUM. We rolled out with full tummies, satisfied taste buds and a doggy bag!
Fresh, full of flavor, and unexpected are ways to describe this restaurant in a sleepy town that is Abilene. Don't forget to shop in the little shops on main street after you are done. From homemade candles to antiques- this town is friendly and ready for your visit!
I know I will be making the fifty mile trip to go again in the near future. I wonder what she will come up with next?

• Visited May 2011