“For foodies”

Dish
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: A fun little cafe you would expect to find in a big city located in a small town. Fun and flavorful sandwiches paired with a soup or salad all made with fresh ingredients. We offer dine-in, carry-out, and catering services.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Best soup, salad and sandwiches I've ever eaten. Freshly fixed, non-fried, well seasoned, tasty dishes served in a delightful environment by a person with patience and a sense of humor. My sisters and I ordered different sandwiches and shared. Never a bad bite. I'm from out of town and come back to Abilene just to eat at The Dish

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

After our visit to the Eisenhower Museum, we checked Trip Advisor for lunch ideas and found The Dish. The chef is very creative and we learned that she may never make the same dish twice, as spices, ingredients and inspiration will always differ on any given day. We loved today's soup: chicken vegetable with chunks of chicken, corn, green beans and celery in a broth lightly seasoned with curry. The turkey sandwich with spinach, Brie, pear and cherry compote was also outstanding. Friendly service, interesting artwork and antiques rounded out the experience.

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Dish is so great! "Foodie" type food — gourmet (without the gourmet price)... types of foods you would never think to put together, and then they're so delicious! And quite healthy as well. But filling too! I almost always come away with a to-go box... in addition to my satisfied belly :)

Excellent service... plus the artwork on the walls, fun cookbooks to browse through while you wait for your meal (if you want), antiques upstairs... a really neat atmosphere!

People who travel into our town to act in the local theatre (Great Plains Theatre) tend to enjoy The Dish, and one girl who has traveled a lot said it's not only her favorite restaurant in Abilene — it's her favorite restaurant ANYWHERE!

Plus, it has a brand new menu every week (talk about creativity!) and it's run by sisters (how cute is that?) I recommend the dish for SURE.

2  Thank Tiffany R
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Nice surprise, fresh well prepared delicious food. Why go to a chain fast food restaurant when you can eat at the dish

1  Thank Quantrill
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I grew up in Abilene and now live about an hour away. I go to The Dish every chance I get! Because they are only open Mon-Fri for lunch, it's hard to make it often. However, when I travel through Abilene for work, I stop. I have also taken a day off just so I can get my Dish fix! It is a very relaxed, quaint and welcoming environment. The menu changes from week to week and there is a creative, gourmet spin on everything. Even a grilled cheese or BLT sandwich can be fancy! For the amount of food you get, the price is very good, too. My young nephews ages 4-7-10 love going there as well! It is one of the best restaurants that I've been to!

2  Thank Kristina B