“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, Affordable”
Review of Super 8 Abilene KS

Super 8 Abilene KS
Super 8 Abilene KS
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Abilene
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This motel is now known as the President's Inn. I stayed here while in town for the Eisenhower Marathon. The price was quite affordable, the rooms were clean and the staff was quite friendly. It was a bit worn but everything was functional. In addition, I was surprised by the simple breakfast buffet on Sunday which included biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, cereals, juice and coffee. Within the motel area is a nice Mexican restaurant where I enjoyed a very large margarita the night before after the all clear from the tornado warning. (Yes, my visit to Kansas did include seeing a tornado!)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank davetcmom
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Abilene KS

Reviewed 18 May 2012

Room is clean, bed firm, pillow almost nonexistent, towels worn. Air conditioner worked well. Price is reasonable compared to other hotels in town but needs improvement.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Had good experience. Front desk attendant was great. Checked in. First room I was given had not been cleaned yet. Went back to front desk and she said that was the second time that had happened in the same room. She apologized and got me into another room and it was ok. Had a good nights sleep. Internet was fast and reliable. Water pressure was lacking a bit but still ok. Went down for breakfast and they had biscuits and gravy, cereal, and toast. I would stay here again if I get back to the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank beav79
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We are heading to KC. We had left my sons football game. And got here part. Everything was full and this was the last room. It was a smoking room with two beds. Told my wife, its only for a few hours, and we would be sleeping. It was $80 bucks. Not to bad. Then we got to our room. OMG it was like walking into an airport smokers lounge. The walls and floors felt like tar. The beds felt like they have been here since the beginning of time. If we weren't so tired, we would of got our money back.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank toddonna
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We had to stop unexpectedly in Abilene because of heavy fog on I-70. We chose Super 8 over several other motels because we had had excellent stays ealier in the year at two different Super 8's in Missouri. How I wish we could 'rewind the tape' and choose another place to stay!

The sheets were so thin....trite but true---you could SEE through them. They were so limp and lifeless that they could hardly be pulled up around the body because they caught on every angle or protrusion of limbs--sort of like those sheets made out of T-shirt material.

The outlet in the bathroom didn't work so I couldn't use my curling iron.

They advertised the Super-Start Breakfast, which includes biscuits and gravy. However, the gravy was all gone when we got to the breakfast area at 7:30 a.m.

I wanted to speak to the manager about these inconveniences, but there were customers in the lobby as we left, and I didn't want to complain in their presence. I emailed the motel after we returned home, and in response, we were offered a 20% discount on our next stay....but we never plan to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nortonkstraveler
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Overall this hotel was a decent value in my book. Ups sides: clean, relatively inexpensive, quiet (i stayed on the side facing away from the highway), no "odd" smells in room, selection of cereals for breakfast. Down sides: the bed was a bit hard, pillows a bit flat, and sheets a bit thin but I can sleep on about anything, the AC wasnt running when I entered the room so it was super hot (it was 105 degrees that day), 2 ashtrays in the room but it was marked non smoking on the door. Again, overall it seemed a good value and I would stay there again

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank James K
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This room was not clean, smelled bad, and the furnishings were not up to the price we paid for the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abilene
Holiday Inn Express Abilene
Days Inn Salina I-70
Days Inn Salina I-70
#17 of 31 in Salina
Best Western Plus Midwest Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Abilene KS? Share your experiences!