“used to be a good place :(”
Review of OR2K

OR2K
Ranked #13 of 781 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

3 years ago OR2K was the best place in town - delicious food, nice atmosphere and excellent service. Unfortunately things changed in OR2K.
The last tree times I've been there, we only got 66% of our order although it was on our bill. We were waiting for ages for food and drinks came when we finished our food.
Sorry guy but there is a lot to improve!!!

Nevertheless the food is good but the service disappointing.

There are newer reviews for OR2K

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Good restaurant, fair service, quality food. Mostly floor seating, I only a couple of tables free wifi

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had dinner with friends on a busy weekend night. The place feels like a throwback to the early seventies with psychedelic lights and colors. I ordered a pasta dish with local goat cheese, local mushrooms and pesto sauce. It was perfect for the mood I was in, delicious without filled me up. The only bad thing was that by sitting on the cushions on the floor I managed to sit on my reading glasses in my side pocket and broke them. Fortunately I was able to replace them locally for just $6, just about everything in Kathmandu is inexpensive.

1  Thank professah13
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

OR2K is a must for those travelers passing through Kathmandu. The menu selection offers a wide variety of vegetarian options that will suit any craving. I had several meals at OR2K and was never disappointed. Not only is the food great, but the environment is an added perk. Sitting on the floor, listening to good music while socializing with friends or people around you is the icing on the cake. During busy hours, service can be a little slow- with meals coming out at different times, but if you are in no rush this is the place to be.

1  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We went to OR2K several times while staying in Thamel. The food is great and they have a pretty diverse menu. I was craving salads after eating so much dal bhat so this place is good to get some veggies in you and eat it safely.

It has a cozy atmosphere as you sit on cushions and there is free wifi so it is a nice place to sit and check email while enjoying some tea. It is all foreigners and I was told that this is considered expensive for the area. The food is cheap by US standards, but it is more expensive than other smaller places.
I was impressed that for a squat bathroom, it was so clean and actually smelled nice. It was nice after trekking for 10 days and using only terrible bathrooms!

If you visit OR2K- you must try the chocolate souffle- it is to die for!