“Nice ambience; pity about the food”
Review of Northfield Cafe

Northfield Cafe
Ranked #98 of 744 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
United Kingdom
“Nice ambience; pity about the food”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband had a nice meal here the last time he was in Kathmandu with friends so he took me with him when we returned together in May. Unfortunately we both had an awful meal this time. He had the steak and chicken fajitas and the meat was really tough, overcooked and dry. I ordered a mexican dish which was supposed to be steak but which turned out to be minced gristle- really fatty and greasy. It was horrible. This restaurant gets some excellent reviews so it is difficult to work out what is going on here. Maybe they have a good chef and a bad chef so you get good food some days and awful food on other days. Who knows? But what is clear is that is that they are unable to provide consistently good food which is a pity because the ambience is nice.

• Visited May 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Oh my goodness!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stopped by because I saw advertised Mexican food. Having found only one other place (outside of Thamel) that serves any thing remotely close to Mexican, I decided to check this place out. I was pleasantly surprised. And caution...the servings are huge!

Visited April 2014
“The chorizo is not chorizo”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

This place has nice ambience and the wait staff were good enough but the price is high for just OK food. What is worse though is I ordered chorizo enchiladas but got beef mince enchilada, when I asked the waiter if there was a mistake the answer was "that is how we serve chorizo". After trying in vain to explain that that chorizo is a spanish pork sausage and I didn't get what I expected, and requested to change order (which the waiter agreed to) the manager then came out in a bad mood and refused to cancel the enchiladas. So I ended up paying even higher bill for an extra meal I didn't eat. This was our last night so I let it go to avoid ruining the night further but I'm certainly not impressed.

Mildura, Australia
“Great Vibe ..good food and live music”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great location in the heart of Thamel near Kathmandu Guest House .

Nice big open layout well decorated. Whether breakfast lunch dinner or just cocktails it is great
Food is good and wide choice including great steak .

Great atmosphere with live music. Price mid range ,
While you are there check out the little charity place that makes a range of items woven fro recycled food wrappers

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ron P
Israel
“poor food poor service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

not gething whats written on the menu
it takes much time
even we asked in porpuse not to open the beers in advance
they bring the beers opened
seems no original
we asked for greeled fish and we get pane fish
more bread than fish