“Cheap Guest house with lovely people.”

Red Planet Guest House
Ranked #259 of 440 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“Cheap Guest house with lovely people.”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My friend and I had our wonderful holiday in Nepal. At first we thank to Red Planet Guest House who responded our email very well and fast. As the price which they offered we thought that it would be very basic guest house. But once we were there we were really surprised with their services. In Katmandu there was power cup problem when we were there, but this place had back up so that we had lights all the time. The reception guy told us every day when to have a shower because he knew when the power comes back. This little place has roof top sitting area which is good to have a look views around. It also offered free wi-fi in the room, lobby and balcony which we did not expected with its price.
We must thank to the tour desk at the hotel that helped to plan our trekking trips. Mr. Tika Regmi of Adventure Mountain Explore Treks helped us to find out the best destination. We had Tamang Heritage Trail trek which was superb. At the end we realized that why Tika offered us such a new trek. It was very special and we had directly interacted with locals. We had local food and sitting around by the fire place which was a part of oven. It was very much impressive and Thanks million to you Tika for your honest information and arrangement. Guide was great and supported us. If anyone planning for trekking trip in Nepal use red planet Guest house to stay and use Tika and his company for arrangement.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Yokohama
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The room price was pretty good with central location in Thamel. It's not right on the main street, but the area is still fairly noisy at night from bars in the area. The hot water is just from a sun-warmed tank on the roof, so unless you have excellent timing you'll only have cold showers. That's the biggest drawback.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Clean rooms, good location, but very hard uncomfortable beds. Hot water patchy, and staff get annoyed with you if you don't organize tours/ trekking with them. Average price for thamel, just a pity the staff are so money driven.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Fiddymontagu

Travellers are raving about these Kathmandu hotels

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The Guest house is in my opinion located at a great spot. The staff is very friendly, helpful and the service is very good, I can say at this point that I am coming again. After spending 3 times at this place, I know what I am talking about.

Especially the Guest Relation, is very helpful if you have any kinds of problems, just ask after Husain and he will do everything he can to help you.
He set us up, with a perfect room with a good view from either the windows or the great balcony.
This time I am going to in my business purpose. Lot of time I am going to India and Nepal also. When I am going to India I am stay in Varanasi and Delhi, when I am going to Nepal stay Kathmandu in this Place
• Stayed August 2011, travelled with my business partner.
• 24 hour free wi fi its batter for me about my business.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank adman513
Ushuaia, Argentina
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Beautiful guesthouse in this town. I am looking another more hotel and guesthouse but I can’t found cheaper, nice and clean then another guesthouse, with a very nice restaurant and a nice bar as well. Clean rooms (which, in themal for that price can be hard to find) and excellent facilities (Free wi-fi internet& laundry etc). They arrange the tour in all over the country.
Would recommend to anyone. Although a near from the Airport, it is a welcome break if you have spend the day in the old cultural city tour by the nice and A/C car to come back to this hotel and enjoy a beer or a cocktail in the bar.

I am thinking stay again this place.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Nice and clean
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mateperson
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Really experiencing this beautiful city Kathmandu Nepal. I have never imagined, I am staying at This Guest House which is the heart of Kathmandu themal near By royal place, the staff here really helped me everything, Taking some amazing yoga/meditation classes In Kathmandu, etc. Also, my room directly overlooks the mountain side. In the morning, I wake up to the chants of the birds and the sound its make me very fresh. When I am in Kathmandu this time I will do small trekking they are arrange me. They have very nice travel and trekking company. This Guest House little small but very nice to stay just fell to stay with my home. Proximity to the main attractions and the supportive staff.
24 hour running hot shower and very fast Wi-Fi it’s also free.

I make a plain come again Nepal and stay same Guest House. They Have Good service air port drop and pickup .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 154943Ahmad
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I am Stayed In this april 2011, traveled with friends

Very good location, good Mountain View, Good food and roof top garden, helpful people and friendly atmosphere. Our room was very very nice not like a guest house like in our home, price is very cheap. 24 hour hot shower depends on power aviability in Katmandu. Free and really fast Wi fi!!!! All over in hotel, and another thing they have very nice tour and trekking company. “Advance adventures Treks” as official tour desk at the hotel who arranged my Trekking well and had not problem at all.
And the owner is a nice gentleman who takes care of the hotel in a very professional way
Wonder full staff and informative guide made my trip very special

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends