“Most Incredible Hotel of our Trip!”
Review of Hotel Visit Nepal

Hotel Visit Nepal
Ranked #139 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hotel Visit Nepal gave us an incredible experience. Myself and three others from the US stayed for a total of 6 or 7 nights and were treated like family. All staff were helpful, accommodating, and friendly. They had accurate answers to all questions and gave great references when we needed help with our travel plans. When we returned from other adventures, we were greeted with smiling faces and a sense of home, which was refreshing after the bustling streets of Kathmandu. We left gear behind in a locker and never had to worry about our things. The rooms are simple, cheap, and clean, and the hotel is in convenient and safe Thamel. I highly recommend Hotel Visit Nepal :)

Room Tip: If you want to get in shape for your trek, ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Monica M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Visit Nepal

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The staff and Owner give misleading quotes on travel and site seeing costs. The experience of staying for a day was bad and we had to shift to another Hotel due to a non understanding and non helpful attitude of staff.

Room Tip: There are Numerous Hotels in Katmandu in Budget category to stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank anshghosh
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This place is awesome! I was a solo female traveler and felt super safe. It's basic room for super cheap, clean and on a quiet street in Thamel which is awesome. Everytime I come to Katmandu I will stay here. The staffy is super great with nice car for airport dropoff or any sort of tour. Like I said Thamel is over whelMing at times and z street is my home!
I would recommend 150 percent!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wildflower831
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at Hotel Visit Nepal for 3 nights before and after a yoga retreat. The rooms are cheap, I payed 500rs for a big bed, fan and a TV with many english movie channels. The location is in the hearth of Thamel and close to shopping and great restaurants.

What really made my stay here though was the absolutely excellent service by the manager. He helped me get in touch with a voluteer organization in Pokhara and arranged my travels there. Besides that he helped me find specific restaurants and even went shopping with me! I am amazed by the service here.

If you are looking for a budget hotel with excellent service then this is your place.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AntonSpirit
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Last year, we visited Hotel Visit Nepal for the first time. This hotel is located in a small peaceful street in Thamel, and as it is a blind alley this street is not overwhelmed by taxis and rickshaws. The owners and the employees are very friendly, the rooms are very clean, there are several facilities like hot water, internet, and a teashop with pastry and tasty doughnuts next to the hotel.

This year, I am back in Kathmandu for volunteer work. As the price is very reasonable (one of the cheapest places in Thamel) and as I find everything I need here, I decided to stay here for a long time. I have my room on the rooftop, fast internet, attached bathroom and last but not least: plenty of room on the rooftop with excellent view!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The best thing about Hotel Visit Nepal is the price. We paid 500 Rupees per night which is relatively cheap in Thamel. It's also close to everything in Thamel. However, these are the only good points.

The rooms are very small, not filthy (but not clean either) and the bathroom was nasty. Although it wasn't the worst we saw, it was filthy and hadn't seen bleach since the day it was built. Being next to Thamel made it noisy, but the fact that the windows were built to a different size frame meant it was cold and noisier than necessary. When we also had 10 rabid stray dogs on the street outside as well, sleep was impossible. When we left the next day, the desk didn't have any change, so I demanded to pay 500 rather than his choice of taking 1,000 and giving none back (having originally agreed a rate of 550). Arguing on the way put wasn't really preferable!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in this guest house on and off for about 2 weeks! I was very wary of it first as I followed one of the hotel touts in Thamel to this place. However, I have to say it was one of the best places I stayed in Thamel and I did try out quite a few. The rooms are nice and clean and of good value and the owner helped me to sort out my flight to Lukla for a really good price.
I also left my luggage there while trekking which was no problem at all.
Overall, I can highly recommend this place!

Thanks a lot!