“Excellent people, excellent service Great Himalayan Trail”

Tailored Treks and Expeditions
Ranked #530 of 915 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tailored Treks & Expedition is ethical travel company set up by experienced tourism professionals, and trekking & mountaineering guides in Nepal. We offer specialized trekking trips in Nepal and Tibet. We are pioneers in Off the beaten path, Social Treks & the Great Himalayan Trails in Nepal.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I set up to hike the Great Himalayan Trail, this season, crossing the entire country of Nepal along the Himalayas, Kumar and Tailored Treks were there with all the support and know I needed from begining to end.
Kumar has hiked across Nepal more then.maybe anyone else and have great information,from setting up an itinerary and plans route day by day and knowing who to accommodate the particular needs in any situation.
I would definitely recommend this company to anyone for anything you are looking to do in Nepal.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I did a charity trek with Kumar and co last year. Everything was organised so well - from the food, to the comfy tents and sleeping bags and to lovely cup of tea which we were woken up with in the morning. Kumar also organised a cooking class where we made momo's on our trek. I am now organising a trip of 14 people to go trekking to ABC or Mardi Himal in October. I trust Kumar and his team entirely so I am very relaxed about the whole thing. He has been very responsive and gives all the information I need to do the planning. I am very excited about the trek in October and doing it with Tailored Treks.

1  Thank Suzy_K_S
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I first met Kumar during a long trip to Nepal where we trekked to Humla, a very rural area in the North West of the country. We trekked for a few weeks and combined this with voluntary work.medical care to the local population. Kumar co-ordinated the entire trip which was logistically very challenging. He proved himself to be trustworthy, reliable and caring towards all those that were trekking. He has a long history of working with tourists and has learned his trade having worked up from cook to experienced guide. His English in excellent but more importantly he understands Western culture and what tourists expect from a trip/trek to Nepal. The level of service he provides is outstanding.

I have since done 3 treks with Kumar's company. He provides the flexibility to design your own trek which is really important as, especially in the main trekking season, it can be very busy on the well walked routes of Annapurna and Everest Base Camp. Kumar will advise you on different, quieter and more scenic routes based on his years of experience in walking routes across Nepal. He and his team will also arrange take you to more remote areas if you wish.

I couldn't recommend Tailored Treks more highly.