Pilgrims Guest House
US$76
US$68
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$202
US$298
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot watergarden restaurantfamily roomnice guesthouserooms are cleanvisit nepalnice gardengreat place to stayattached bathroomsingle roomnice roomnice stayper nighttravel deskhotel is situatedstayed nightswi fi
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you like paying 23 % tax, not sure what the 10% service charge was all about, then you'll love it here. Pokey rooms and overbearing staff make Pilgrim's a last resort. There are plenty of better options in this price range.

Room Tip: Choose different room, as in one in a different guest house.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank evansmd2000
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The location is excellent within the Thamel area and therefore the Pilgrim Guesthouse is within convenient walking distance of all the shops, restaurants, cafes etc.

Didn't sample the lunch or dinner at the hotel's garden restaurant, but the breakfast service was at best mediocre and frankly I would rather recommend taking a few minute stroll to one of the tens of cafes and restaurants within the Thamel area.

Room was okay - definitely not luxurious, but then again, the price of the guesthouse was also relatively cheap. In any case, the room was clean, the bathroom fully functional and even hot water was available. The area is rather noisy so light sleepers will do a favor to themselves by bringing along earplugs.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ilari T
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had had a miserable experience at a similarly priced hotel prior to our trek. Our guide recommended this hotel to us.

It is right in the middle of Thamel but set back from the street with its own courtyard restaurant and so is very quiet. The rooms were immaculate.and the washrooms clean and well maintained. The staff were professional and very helpful. They would always follow up with any issue to make sure you were satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayps S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is really different from the other hotels of Kathmandu, its peaceful during day time and happening during the nights!! i loved the garden(with the fresh gourmet coffee)! they should put a name for the garden!! hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful, and food is amazing :D

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigar Z
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I booked a single room for $18 inc tax but when I arrived they said there were non available and gave me instead a double at $25, saying I could change the next day.

The room was fine and quite comfortable but my shower was cold and when I complained the guy who came up to fix it fiddled for a few minutes, made it possibly 1 degree warmer, told me it was hot then disappeared. It was still too cold to dare putting your head under. Plus every time I ran the tap in the sink it flooded the bathroom floor.

I told the desk staff the next day but they weren't bothered, there were no single rooms available and when I checked out they tried to fleece me for another $5 tax on my already over priced room.

The garden area is nice, but really, it was at least twice the price of everywhere else I've stayed in Thamel and it was horribly over priced for what you get (shivers and goosebumps, mainly....)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo