“very nice staff”

Hotel Kathmandu View
Ranked #276 of 458 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My friend and I stayed one week in this hotel KathmanduView Hotel in a clean double room with hot shower and tv, and we have a very nice time, the staff is very helpful and the hotel is in the center of Thamel definitely a very good location

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nownie

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My friend and I stayed at Kathmandu View Hotel during our last 2 nights in Nepal, the hotel is located in Thamel street, convenient is definitely number one here, we especially love the bakery shop next to the hotel, bread are on 50% off starting 8pm daily. All other shopping are also within 5 mins walk.
We love the hot shower here, it's available all day! I also especially remembered the boy who help us carry our knapsack when we first checked in, every time we bump into him, he would give us a big smile which make us feel so hospitable during our short stay here. Free wifi available in the hotel lobby, those big comfy couch will makes you want stay on them forever.
Overall pleasant and worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Angietgp
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about seven days. The staff are friendly and helpful. They helped me find a hat and a jumper I left there weeks ago. The hotel has hot water just takes a little time to come through. I never eat there I always went to the bakery two places up the road for breaky (with 45 rupee croissants) and the Roadhouse (by far my favourite restaurant in Thamel) is just up the road. They do shut the gate of the hotel late at night. If you are locked out just yell down the corridor, behind the gate, to get the gate unlocked.

Room Tip: Third floor and second floor rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is a lovely hotel situated bang in the heart of Thamel. It is 1 minute to Helena's and the Roadhouse restaurants and no more than 2-3 minutes to Hot Bread/Curry Kitchen and K-Too Steakhouse restaurants. It is also near the bars/clubs of Thamel with Tom And Jerries only 2mins away, 3 mins to Sams Bar and 1 min to Fire Club. The rooms themselves are adequate and clean enough and get cleaned daily.There is free wi-fi for laptops and an open indoor courtyard for sitting in. They also have the hottest and most powerful showers i have had in my times in Nepal!! Upstairs there is a lovely restaurant too.Nothing is too much trouble for Bishnu the owner and Deepak his manager,they were great guys with us and organised anything that was needed.Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank andy h
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Re commanded hotel to stay in the heart of Kathmandu, in middle of thamel , great night life. Great food. free WiFi with good excellent speed. rooms were equiped with blowers which helped us to fight the cold. Anirudra was good at service being a manager of hotel, he arranged all the required things like transportation and currency of nepal. Laxman was good chauffeur at his service, he guided us through whole trip and helped us to translate the languages when needed. over all a good and secured place to stay.

Thanks to Anirudra and Laxman

Room Tip: all rooms are good with equal facilities.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ninexus
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This hotel is good value with a central location. The staff are very friendly and helpful. One problem was the water for showering was almost always brown. I was given a room with a balcony which was great, nice to sit out and enjoy the cool air. I found all the staff to be always helpful and would always ask if everything was ok. Like all the hotels in Kathmandu the power was a problem going off for hours at a time . However you can not blame the property for that.
Brian

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This place has it all. Whatever you want to do, ask the Manager who can help with anything you need. It is centrally located in Thamel section. It also has it's own restaurant with excellent dishes from India and Nepal. There's a Travel Agency in-house, as well as a Cyber-Cafe that attracts many people. The rooms are Air Conditioning, clean, and hot and cold waters. I'm sure I'm missing more, like they have Laundry and so much more.
Everything was here, just as if like in the U.S.
Internet available throughout the hotel.

I give this Hotel 5 Stars. Contact them today.

Room Tip: Every room has good location, but see if street-view room is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business