“Look no further! This is the only place I will stay in KTM”
Review of Yeti Guest Home

and 1 more site!
Yeti Guest Home
Ranked #76 of 433 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Look no further! This is the only place I will stay in KTM”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Clean, safe and family owned! I strongly recommend Yeti Guest Home to everyone.

Excellent Location: Near the best places to eat which are- Roadhouse, Third Eye Indian and Friends.

Every minute of every day, someone is cleaning Yeti, which is how they are able to keep the place as clean as they do. Their competitors are not as diligent.

There was never a question of security, which was important to me because I brought a lot of expensive photo equipment.

There was always a friendly face at the front desk whom greets those coming and going, which is nice, because it's added security. Plus the front desk staff (Puspa) is fun to chat with.

Day 5 in KTM I got violently ill. Not only did the son of the family (Ashik) take me to the clinic, he stayed their with me until I was well enough to return home. Several day's later, I had to go back and again and without question, he was their to help. The next day his sweet mom (my Nepalese mom, so I like to think), made me wonderful dhal bat. Ram, the father was truly concerned for my well being. The family that runs Yeti Guest Home made me feel like I was at home and part of the family. The entire family is so gracious with their time.

I can't say enough GOOD about this place! I will be back and I will stay at Yeti Guest Home.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with a bathroom, I think it's $5 US more per night, which is very reasonable...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jordan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Not only a VERY clean guesthouse, but the family that runs it is amazing. It is off the main drag in Thamel so it is a little more peaceful than most, but still in the middle of everything you'd want as a traveler in Kathmandu.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pictraveler
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Cozy and clean rooms, bathroom always clean and hot water on request. I really liked the place. We left our baggage there for three weeks of trekking, no problem. it was unfortunately full when we arrived from trekking, we didnt book in advance, anyway we were given room next day and stayed another few days.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Arisha N
Beijing, China
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this guest house after staying in a dingy place in Kathmandu. Not only was this cheaper but located not far from the centre of Thamel.

The people who run the guest house are very friendly, and helpful and the rooms are nice and clean. For $10 a night you cannot really go wrong and I'll always come back to this place now that I have found it.

Only reason it is not a 5 star is because there is no chill out garden, and that breakfast is not included in the price. Other than that a great place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank stuart_leighton
Sopot, Poland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Clean in guest house, but also around guest house too! There is hot water, bathrooms are clean. In general I really liked that place. Also Ram was very kind and helpful. The prices are very reseanable... Also location is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ewa310
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have stayed at the Yeti Guest Home numerous times over the years as a single traveller. Ram and his family make sure that all your needs are met. The location of this guest house is perfect to visit the sights in Kathmandu, also perfect for shopping. The Guest house is a very clean environment and rooms are spacious. Nothing is too much trouble. Ram has a wealth of knowledge of his country and can arrange day trips to places of interest that tourists don't go to.
I recently returned to Kathmandu with my wife and 2.5 year old daughter and had another fantastic experience at the Yeti....they are my Nepali family!! Stay here, you won't find anywhere better,

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter, Kathmandu can be noisy Saturday nights!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tosh w
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Besides the great location this hotel is in, what makes it better than others is the amazingly kind and patient hospitality of Ram and his family. The location cannot get better in Thamel. It's central yet off the main road. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Ram and his family are so helpful. Everything they suggested and booked for us was excellent and fairly priced. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lindama26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathmandu
Shiva Guest House1 & 2
#12 of 55 in Bhaktapur
Cosy Hotel
Cosy Hotel
#7 of 55 in Bhaktapur

Been to Yeti Guest Home? Share your experiences!