“Very excellent stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kathmandu
Asmita Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #68 of 440 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Quezon City, Philippines
“Very excellent stay!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It was my first time to travel alone. Even before I arrived in Kathmandu I already felt that I will be staying in good hands. Dharma and Asmita answered a lot of my questions about my stay. Very excellent hospitality. Breakfast is really good - you will be very full! I love the Masala tea, perfect with the biscuits. I asked them about cooking lessons and how to make mo-mo, and they let me try my hand at making mo-mo which I had for dinner! All their family live in the homestay, and all of them are very friendly and pleasant. The little kids are so adorable :) You can eat at the same time as the family, so you really feel part of the family. Dharma is an excellent trekking guide. Even if my trek was very short, he made sure I enjoy it, and he even knows better ways. The room and bathroom are very clean, everything you need is there. Location is excellent too, at the end of the busy street of Thamel so it's easy to find, and you can shop for trekking stuff and other souvenirs just outside the B&B. Asmita B&B is very highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Asmitabandb, Owner at Asmita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Irenemeanspeace,

Thank you very very much for your valuable words about our asmita. We are very humbled and grateful to hear your kind review. Life is a true adventure and travel is such an addictive spice in it. Asmita b and b is dedicated to serve our guests with the best of this spice, warm delicious food, joyful descovery and most importantly timefilled with smiles and affection. It brings us great pride and joy that you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as the trek. We will keep on doing our best to maintain and upgrade our service s even more better.
Your precious words have become our boosting motivation. We would like to thank you from the bottom of our heart.Your home in Nepal will be waiting for your next visit.

Till then wishing you a very happy summer and wonderful adventure,
Thamel, kathmandu, Nepal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I were really worried before coming to Nepal, but right after we checked in Asmita, they made sure that we get into this country's vibe right away, the host families are very welcoming and very knowledgeable about the area. the rooms were higher than our expectation (not deluxe, but better than we expected). the view from the balcony is magnificent and stunning. I personally think that it's a perfect place for families, run by families.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kinfolk_sharma,
We are very grateful and moved by your kind and encouraging reviews of our asmita bandb. It is such a wonderful feeling feeling to be recognized by our guests and your valuable words bring us true joy. Knowing you are satisfied and happy with our service has inspired us to work even harder and better our offerrings.
You came as a guest but have left as a family. Your home in Nepal will be waiting for your next visit.

Till then wishing you wonderful summer and great travel
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I travelled alone. First impression of Asmita B&B is that it is very clean and well kept family-run place.

Great hospitality. Was surprised to see Dharma at the airport fetching me. He and Asmita usually are off trekking with the guest, so appreciate him taking some time from his rest day to meet me at airport :)

Room and toilet/bathroom is clean and functioning.

The city's power will cut off from time to time, but there is a generator there to keep the essential going (bathroom light, room light, wifi 90% of the time.... electric socket will remain out, so charge whatever you need ASAP)

The hot water needs some time to reach you. 3-5min maybe. The more people that had used the hot shower in the building before you, the longer you have to wait. No issue, I'm usually up early in the morning and a shower later in the day will give enough time for the solar panel to work its magic.

Breakfast is good. Love the masala tea which I usually brought it up to the rooftop garden to enjoy.

Dharma is also a licensed trekking guide, so he can advice you on your dream adventure.

Dharma was booked with a Spanish group when I was there. I ended up with one of his employee guide Sohan Rai, who is also licensed.

Sohan is a wonderful guide. Helped me a lot along the way. Assisted me in loaning sandals at night lodge because I forgot mine among other stuffs.

He is also very knowledgeable of the trek route. When to take our time and when to hurry because the snow will turn into slippery ice if we move much later than the other trekkers. He also love to under-promise on the time taken to reach a certain checkpoint so that you won't be caught off guard (saying 2hrs for actual time of 1hr, rather than saying 1hr and when you have not reach it you can get unmotivated).

Would recommend Asmita B&B as a cost effective yet tremendous value for money place to stay.

The price I guessed differs depending on the crowd's season. I visited it just before the heavy tourist season. For most of us who can afford the flight there, I should say the B&B cost is extremely cheap.

The trekking cost is also comparable with others in the area. You don't really have to waste your time shopping around. I wasted almost half a day looking for alternatives.

Everything you need is at Asmita B&B :)

Room Tip: Message "Asmita Bed and Breakfast" on facebook to book and confirm the pricing for your st...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Khairulism
Asmitabandb, Owner at Asmita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Khairulism,

First of all a very warm Namaste from Nepal. We, the whole asmita b and b family would like to thank you for your valuable words about our place. We are always grateful for our beloved guests who take their precious time out of their busy life and write about us. And it is no wonder world's one of the most beautiful feeling to be appreciated for our hard work.

Asmita b and b is our pride and honor, so we are always working very hide for our home to always shine and make our guests feel really happy and in a real home away from home. Your kind review is a honor for us and we promise to always to do better and better. Again, with a big thank you and warm regards with best wishes from Nepal,

Asmita and Dharma
Asmita Bed and Breakfast
Sydney
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Our group of 4 stayed at Asmitas as our home base while travelling in Nepal - its run by a family and had a friendly, homely feel to it, though not at all over-bearing. Asmitas helped us book our Greenline bus tickets to Pokhara and we paid them back when we arrived. This was very helpful. The rooms are very spacious and clean, we had no issues with the shared bathroom (one bathroom shared between 2 rooms) as we were sharing within our group only anyways. Showers were hot and breakfast was good. Asmitas is also located close enough to the action, but tucked away in a side street so you can still get a good night's rest. Would reccommend the B&B for any future travellers!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Asmitabandb, Owner at Asmita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Yuggles,

A very warm Namaste from Nepal. Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragements for our humble b and b. Asmita b and b is more than a guesthouse, it is our passion for travel, our country Nepal and Nepali hospitality. So, we are eternally grateful to you for your love and support. We will work even more harder to make our services and facilities even better. Wishing you a very happy and safe travel.

Friendly regards,
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 March 2014

A friend of mine recommended me to Asmita. She had traveled to Nepal a couple of years ago. I was on a budget but I did not want to stay in bad rundown place either. Thankfully Asmita b and b was everything Cece said and more.During my whole stay in Nepal, Asmita is the best by far. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bed, oh yes they had the best bed. They have 24/7 hot shower and backup lighting when there is powercut from the government. Everything was so clean and fresh. I specially loved the flowers on the terrace, so colorful and such soothing treat to my eye. The host family were so kind and helpful too. I recommend asmita b and b to all my fellow travellers. This is the best place to stay in the city!!
Good luck!!

Room Tip: I stayed mostly in the Everest room and a couple nights in Langtang both are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gloria S
Dear Gloria S,

Thank you very much for your kind words and encouragements for Asmita b and b. We are very grateful for the support you have given us.It is a great feeling for us to know that our guests have been satisfied and happy with us. This is our passion, something we do with from our heart, so once again thank you for encouraging us to do even better.We will do our best to make our services and facilities even better. If you have any advice or suggestions for us, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best for following through.

Friendly Regards,
Shanghai
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The guest house is located in Thamel, five minites walk to Green Line station. I booked 3 rooms for my family, the room are very clean, especially the room with roof view, amazing.
Dharma and Asmita was so friendly and helpful. After we check-out, I sent email for asking to rent a van to Nagarkot, Dharma arranged all for us. We had a Napali dinner there, very delicious.
If I visit Kathmandu again in future, I will select Asmita without any hesitate.

Room Tip: Room on roof with city view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Asmitabandb, Owner at Asmita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear cat1dog1,

A very warm Namaste. Thank you very much for you kind words about our place. We will continue to work hard and make our services even better. We are also excited that you enjoyed your tour in our beloved country.
Once again, a heartfelt gratitude for your appreciation and encouragements.

Friendly Regards,
Asmita bed and breakfast
Changhua County, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed totally 3 nights here.
Good location, very quiet! (My room is not close road side) As well as bountiful breakfast!
Spacious room, I will stay there if I visit Kathmandu again however by then I would choose a room at lower floors. At the top floor the toilet/bathroom is outside, which very cold while washing face/taking shower/toileting in the morning/evening! All time hot water is a plus. Besides, they were fine to lend hair dryer. ;)
No worry about power cut, they provided back-up.

Thanks for Asmita staff/service!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Asmitabandb, Owner at Asmita Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Kelichiou,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our place. It truly is invaluable to us and we are very grateful for your encouragements. It truly feels amazing to receive your kind comments. Asmita bed and breakfast will keep working harder each day to improve our services even more.
Our family loves traveling and our country, Nepal. It is our passion to spread our love for our country and travelling to our fellow friends from around the globe. We will keep updating our services and facilities to make our place even better too. Again with heart full of gratitude and best wishes,