“Nice hotel in quiet corner of Thamel”

Kathmandu Resort Hotel
Ranked #138 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a very nice hotel and not at one of the busy main roads in THamel where its sometimes hard to get sleep. its in a quiet area but still very close to the main streets with shops (1 minute walk). The staff is very helpful, there was a problem with our bathroom and they gave as a new room right away although we only have a budget room for 10 dollars per night. They offer many different kinds of rooms, very high quality and more expensive, but also more budget rooms. But although we had a budget room the service was the same. We would definitely come back here again! Our room was not the best room in the world but it was like the nepali standards for this price. Maybe even a bit better than the rooms that we stayed in nepal before for this kind of budget. But the more upgrade rooms looked very good we have seen them through the window. soft matresses and hot shower (which is not always normal in nepal ;))

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The staff were beyond welcoming, going to new lengths to make me feel comfortable. Constant hellos and goodbyes in the corridoors made the stay that much more enjoyable and location was ideal. In a quiet corner, right off the busiest street in the tourist district, it was the perfect place to be right in the thick of it, but without being overwhelming. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Manager and reception staff were the highlight of my stay, and were very helpful. Arrays of Cafes and shops were on the doorstep of this hotel so food or entertainment was always easy to find.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NandhiniR-18
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights and immediately the staff at the hotel struck me as being very helpful and friendly. Staying here is good value for money in which you are provided a good quality bedroom, bathroom and television. The room was spacious and comfortable. The location of the Hotel in a pedestrian street ensures you are away from all the hustle and bustle of vehicles and boisterous crowds, giving you a sense of safety. 24/7 Electricity and hot water were pleasant, however I did experience some trouble with the wi-fi at times. Besides that, I highly recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carmel M
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Kathmandu resort is a good place to stay in Thamel.
Located in the new pedestrian street " Mandala Street ", it's quiet, clean, and very confortable.
They provide 24/24 air condition ( cool and heater ), hot shower, tv, fridge, good bed and the bathroom is very clean.
The manager Khedar is very friendly and cares a lot his guests.
We like this place and often go there, we are never disappointed.

If you want to enjoy your stay in Thamel, just go there !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sundari J
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We had been on our yearly Trek to Nepal in October 2012. As the local agency was engaged we were picked up & taken to Hote Kathmandu Resirt in Thamel area. Though the area is crowded & conjusted, we found this hotel very good, neat & clean from inside. The rooms were not cramped ones & even they have rooms named after Different Peaks & Mountaineers. As we were on Everst Base Camp Trek & weather was not clear, our flight to Lukla was cancelled & we had to extend our stay inthe hotel for three days. During this stay we found the staff to be very co-operative & the food was of good quality. Even the location of Hotel, being in heart of Thamel, which is a shoppers paradise for Treking related material, we ahd a great time & it made our stay enjoyable. A good place to stay with Family & Friends.

Room Tip: As it is in the middle of the crowded area you will not get a good view from any room But if you are...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rajesh M
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I decided to treat myself to a nice hotel this time round in Kathmandu. Replacing my usual $5 budget with a whopping $20 budget. I wanted 24hr power, hot water, wiifii, and TV. What i got was pretty close. Service was excellent, with staff always helpful and smiling. Room was clean, and comfortable. TV shows all the channels. And power was pretty close to 24 hr. The only problem was the hot water. Sometimes I had, sometimes I didn't. Overall I have enjoyed my stay here, and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I chose room 109, it was far from the generator, and had a balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shantiguy
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed in the budget room, which was a dingy room at the end of a long depressing passage and flight of stairs :). But for 10 USD I had hot water in the room, soaps and towels and so I was ok with it. I did look at the other "deluxe" rooms and I think it is a case of hit or miss, because some of the rooms were really nice with wooden flooring and everything whereas the others were still a little dingy. I looked at the budget room in a couple of other hotels and was surprised that they had to use a common bath and they had no hot water on most days.

The food from the restaurant was actually pretty good (I ordered dhaal and rotis). A great thing about this hotel is the location! It is right next to some of the best restaurants and there are a couple of supermarkets and bakeries right next door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo