All reviews visit kathmandu walking distance garden himalayas rooftop
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is Paul,from Boston USA. Me,my wife Michelle our daughter Sinead and Son Ronan we visited Nepal to see my Parents since it’s just my mom and dad they have a small 2 bedroom apartment so my dad booked us 2 bedroom apartment at Hotel Melungtse .We stayed for about couple weeks and we really loved it everything was perfect,kids really enjoyed hanging out in the garden and up on the rooftop to see the mountain.
Owner Mr Giri,and his wife By the way I called them Uncle and Aunt what can I say they were so nice and made us felt so welcome and comfortable always told me to ask for anything if I needed it,also employees they would go beyond their way to make our stay comfortable in every aspect. Thank you again everyone so much for our lovely 2 weeks there, we will definitely come back and stay next year again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Stayed here for 2 weeks. Best 2 weeks of my hotel stay in my entire life. The whole atmosphere felt like a home with amazing staffs. The highlight of my stay had to be waking up to a magnificent view of the Himalayas from the roof top. Every day it felt like a fresh start waking up to that view. Having meal on their garden was another amazing experience. Overall a great hotel. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to visit Kathmandu. The locality is quite and peaceful. Everything one needs while travelling, they have it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I am from United State and stayed at Hotel Melungtse in June, 2017 for 15 days along with my wife and 20 month old daughter. It is located near downtown, and walking distance from American Embassy. It is quiet and peaceful. The staffs are very friendly. The room and the surround environment were clean and tranquil.
This is my second stay in the hotel; I was there for a month 4 years ago. I was so impressed the first time that I decided to return to the same place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kumar G, General Manager at Hotel Melungtse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Please come again lets us to provide more & more improve for the frothier servise.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

I'm from Vietnam and have been staying here for almost 2 months and if I only have 1 word to describe the place, it would be "wonderful"! The apartment is nice, well equipped and easy access to public transport, taxi to go anywhere! also very nice coffee and restaurant nearby! The garden with many kinds of beautiful flowers also a point worth mentioning and last but not least, the owner and staff are very friendly and helpful! I highly recommend anyone going to Kathmandu to stay here!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Phân Ly B
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Melungtse Hotel is more of a home than a hotel, it is quite and clean with an atmosphere of tranquility located just a few minutes away from the heart of Kathmandu. Room service and maintenance is regular and prompt whenever you require though you need to secure your own meal as outside with a few steps away.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business