“I simply love this Hotel.”
Review of Hotel Buddha

Hotel Buddha
Ranked #8 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
London, United Kingdom
“I simply love this Hotel.”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Nepal has been my favorite country for holidays for so many years. I have been to Nepal with my family, friends and on my own for many times. I love Mountains, it’s truly heaven on earth.

Buddha Hotel is the place where I stay when I am in Kathmandu. I like the location and the garden but above that I am impressed with the improvement on the quality services that the hotel provides in recent days.

Very professional, Great service, friendly Atmosphere in a reasonable price.
I simply love this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was my fourth trip to Kathmandu city, a city I love to visit. It is in a very ideal location for any kind of tourist. I was amongst my friends this time and simply loved my stay. The staff were very friendly and helped us through out or stay. We did not felt cheated or forced to do anything at any time (I had felt that while staying at other hotels on my previous visits) I am not very keen on local foods but the "western" food they served were really good. My friends who tried the local foods in the hotel were greatly pleased too.
I will definitely be going back to this hotel on my next visit which will be with my family. I am sure they will have similar standard of service for family visitors too.
Thanks for making our stay pleasant.
Ben McKing, Bucks, UK

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Hotel Buddha is one of the best hotel in Nepal which is locate in the center of thamel, Rooms are so nice and cheap to compare to other star hotels, Peace and nice garden, friendly and helpful staff, Nothing feel les then 5 star hotels we can feel homely stay even if you don't know about nepal, The front manager will give you enough guidence and can ask freely the question what you want . The services are so excellent never can amagine how we get those services in those prices .The price is so les then other normal hotel if you compare,Never disturb to sleeping in the rooms, Need and clean rooms, The emergency things like Doctor, Transport, officelly things to do will be in a time never have to worries, So lets try once you you will be there you never want to go other place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laxman D
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Wot u need if u staying in hotel, i get it from here its cheaper compare to other, friendly customer service and rooms are clean, and the restaurant is in best place Themal which is really close to shoping centre and bank which make more convenient, which is really kul.. And apart from that we can get free pick up and drop off facilities and if u plan to visit some other asian countries u don't need to bother looking for treval agent u will get it from here..
If i ever visit again i will preffer hotel buddha

• Stayed February 2012
UK
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We visited hotel in July and room was booked in advance.
Staff were very helpful and alway ready to explain the queries specially front office staff. We did not felt that we were at new place. On top of hotel services we were also provided guidences places to visit and transport without any fuss!

Thank you very much for you all and look forward to seing you soon!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank G B
Switzerland
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Worst of four hotels in Kathmandu area that we stayed at. Not surprising, since we needed a room last minute when our flight to Lukla was cancelled at 5pm because it was dark. Decent rooms, but ..

Loud club next door keeps you up at night.
Weak Internet connection only works on one side of hote.

Also, when we were staying there were large groups that thought the hotel was their personal party place .. kept all doors open at night (including to their bathrooms) and morning, serving themselves Masala tea at 5am, talking an walking loudly. Hotel management acknowledged the group was loud, but did not do anything about it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jkkras
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night a couple of weeks ago - I'm glad I wasn't there for any longer. The room I had was below standard and smelled stale but the worst thing about it was the nearby club which played very very loud hardcore dance music at from about 6pm until after midnight. It was so loud in my room that I couldn't hear my TV properly even with the volume right up. I have never stayed anywhere as noisy as this. The set breakfast offered no choice and wasn't that great. The one thing I did like about the hotel was the nice garden area where it was pleasant to sit during the day.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo