“The nicest plce in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tings Lounge Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kathmandu
Tings Lounge Hotel
Ranked #21 of 432 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The nicest plce in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

This is for me the most cozy and nice place in Kathmandu...
The owners Anette and Thomas always take care of both guest and staff.
The staffpeople take always good care of us
Another thing is the terasse is cozy , the rooms are super yes you always get good value for your money...
Soon I will be back :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BirgitteCph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I have stayed at Tings several times this time with my children and mother and I can highly recommend the place for all kinds of travellers.

Rooms are clean and uniquely furnished. Breakfast is wonderful and the garden and terasses are made out as small oasis. Staff is nice and smiling and very helpful.

Lastly, the hotel is very centrally placed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Wow. What a way to start our trip in Nepal. Tings has it all! The staff provides great service, wonderful tea, amazing food, and very good rooms! This is a new hotel and there is a lot of love put into the atmosphere here. It is a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu's streets.

Rooms:
The rooms are clean and comfortable. They provide a rotating fan which keeps the room nice and cool. The beds are pleasant and clean. The bathroom is also very clean and new. My only concern with the room are the doors. They are a bit warped and are difficult to close. You, however, do not have to be too concerned with leaving valuables in the room. The staff keeps a very close eye on who is coming and going and the grounds are very secure. We left our laptops, passports and cash in the room with no issues.

Tea house/restaurant

First off, I am usually not a tea person. However after our stay at Tings, I found myself craving more and more tea. Their selection of Nepali and India tea is fantastic. I love the white tea with grapefruit. It was outstanding! Breakfast provided every morning is also very delicious. Now, I do have one criticism as no place is perfect. I will say that one should not order the coffee. It seems to be nescafe or some kind of instant and it is not very good. Saying that, I am a coffee snob and like my espresso or press coffee. I am glad to say that my dislike for the coffee made me explore outside my boundaries and I took to the tea very much. There is always positive in negative:)

Staff:

Amazing. That is all I can say. There are NO down sides here. Every staff member went above and beyond. We even befriend one of the staff members by the end of our trip. Rajkumar is a gem. He is full of life and made us laugh so much. When we were at the hotel, we spent a lot of time hearing his amazing stories. If you get a chance, talk with him and enjoy his gift of happiness. Also, Dorjee, who works hard at the front desk and taking reservations, went out of her way to make us happy. Dorjee, thank you.

One side note, it is a little difficult to find the guest house so plan before your visit. Make sure you have all the info and write down the phone number.

We are already planning our next trip and Tings will be included!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 3leggedplatypus
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

It has been a while since I stayed at Tings, (a few months to be precise, work has got in the way of everything!), and I have to say that it is by far the best place I have stayed in, anywhere in Nepal. My last visit was my 24th visit, so I've stayed in a few places! The bedrooms are stylish and oh so, so clean. As is the bathroom, a rarity anywhere in Nepal. You don't expect "squeaky" clean in Asia, it's not the way they do it. This place however is certainly the exception and in such a quiet location. Many people complain about dogs barking. This can't be helped as these poor animals are left to fend for themselves on the streets. They should be pitied rather than people complaining about the barking at night.
This hotel really is an oasis of tranquility, comfort, and the very best food in Kathmandu.
Annette and Thomas (the owners) are perfect hosts and the staff are real gems. A group of well trained, very professional, dedicated young people who clearly value the fact that they are working at Tings.

The bedrooms are imaginatively designed and furnished, very cool and airy during the monsoon season which was when I stayed. The bathroom was one the cleanest I've encountered anywhere. Plenty of hot water and cleaned daily.
The outside areas are well looked after, you can sit out there to eat or drink in their well tended garden where some of the kitchen produce comes from too!
Such a relaxing place in such a busy, noisy city.

As for the food.....what can I say. Having had food poisoning SO many times in Nepal, you know you are 100% safe here. They put together fabulous, imaginative dishes using fresh ingredients and the kitchen is so clean, hygiene is of uppermost importance. I didn't eat anywhere else during my two week total stay there.
My last visit to Kathmandu was the first time I discovered it. Such dedication is put into making their customers feel comfortable. I cannot praise or recommend Tings highly enough.
Wish I could give Tings 10 stars.
Hope I can visit again SOON.
Annie

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank anneyakyak
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

My partner and I stayed a Tings on fours separate occasions during our two and half months in Nepal. When we weren't staying at Tings we were either trekking, visiting other regions or they were full! Tings was head and shoulders above anything else we saw in Nepal in terms of service, style, cleanliness and quality of food. It was a relaxing and comfortable place to come back to after a hectic day in Kathmandu. It was within easy walking distance of the tourist hub of Thamel but fortunately does not share the noise and hustle and bustle! The staff were very friendly and attentive as were the owners (Thomas and Annette) who were always on hand to share travel tips locally and further afield - Thanks for the tip about Koh Kood!
We would recommend Tings to anyone visiting Kathmandu, just make sure you book ahead as not surprisingly it is a popular place.

Room Tip: All are excellent, we tried three different rooms during our stays. They have rooms to suit a range...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I spent a month at Tings while in Kathmandu volunteering. I loved my stay and found it a wonderful place to come home to every day.
I was very happy with my room which was cleaned daily and very comfortable. Although my bathroom wasn't en-suite (I stayed in the "backpacker" sunny corner room) I had a key to lock the door to ensure my sole use.
The breakfast each morning was lovely. Fresh fruit, yoghurt and muesli, fresh baked bread and conserves and eggs cooked to your liking. The lovely staff who worked there not only knew my name but also how I liked my coffee each morning and my preferred cool drink at the end of the day.
Thomas and Annette were lovely and made everyone feel at home and Ali the cat even came to visit me on occasions which really made me feel like one of the family!
The gardens and seating areas dotted all over the premises were lovely and very well maintained and even tho Tings is situated in the heart of Lazimpat it is far enough off the main road that it is very peaceful.
I would highly recommend a stay at Tings and would love to think I will go back one day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in Tings tea lounge. It is a lovely place: quiet, lovely garden & terrace with lots of flowers, nice breakfast, great design of the rooms and common areas, very clean. We fully recommend! It is a 10-15min safe footwalk from Thamel - which is well worth it to get away from the dust, noise and dirt of Thamel.

• Stayed May 2012