“great value”

Ranked #4 of 203 Hotels in Kathmandu
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“great value”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here for a few days before our trek, and we liked it so much that we came back for another 5 days once we finished trekking. The hotel is conveniently located, the rooms are large and clean, and the showers have reliably hot water. The staff was very helpful and the hotel includes many additional conveniences, such as airport pick-up and breakfast on the lovely rooftop.
We recommend this hotel for budget travelers we paid 30$ for two include breakfast

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ziadul K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I went to Nepal with my family last week ,the hotel was great,staffs are so much friendly.breakfast on the room was just great
all in all we had great time with family home team,no doubt about their name and service
they did their best to make our stay comfortable
and the sight seeing also arrange my mr mukti with very good driver was good
we will come back to stay with them again
milton and family from dhaka

Room Tip: chose the supper deluxe room
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MDnazrul m
Matsuyama, Japan
Reviewed 9 June 2013

All of the staff is wonderful and ready to help with any request. We truly felt like they appreciated our business and were genuine in their desire to be helpful. The accommodations were spacious. The highlights of this hotel are its location, beauty, Economic, the quietness of the rooms, and friendly staffs with roof top Garden restaurant. Please try to be there one time then you will be feel real from your heart.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DipP422
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel was awesome, the staff was so helpful, and mukti pandey is like a brother. I would like to request the tourist to stay for just one night in the hotel, m sure you will never check out for other hotel. I really miss the environment and the hospitality of the hotel. I wish all the success of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Junaeid
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at hotel family home May 2013. We never done an all inclusive holiday before. so didn't know what to expect. We were really surprised our room was huge for the 2 of us, balcony was big and over looked the city. Food for all meals was really good... nothing over top fancy. Just simple good food with a huge variety for everyone.

keep up the great service and awesome atmosphere. i love this place. the experiance was just like an advertisment . Perfect. the service, and all the great people that attended us were all genuine and pleasing in every way thank you guys for a great visit.

Room Tip: corner side room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank john007700
Dharamsala
Reviewed 2 June 2013

On arrival the bed was clearly soiled. I showed the receptionist and even smelt the sheets. The bed hadn't been changed. There had been two female cleaners reclining in the room when I arrived. The room and building was generally dirty. I had to supervise the changing of the bed as they initially thought it right to change only the pillows.The new bed sheets were damp and stained however washed with water at least. At 6am I asked the reception boys to telephone a local address and ask a question. They had been sleeping on the reception couches. They said they'd try and tell me later. I then asked "how much is a taxi to Pashupati" the receptionist replied "200 to 300 rupees." I then asked "how much is a taxi to Bouddha?" he replied "you'd better get a car with us sir. we can get you a can for the whole day." i asked again "i ask you how much is a taxi to Bouddha." he replied "sir a taxi to Bouddha is 400rupees." i said "yesterday i paid a taxi 200 rupees. why do you say 400rupees" he laughed with indifference. Later the morning shift reception boys were ignorant of the agreement of the earlier receptionist to telephone a local number. They were unresponsive when I explained my request and even after I wrote it in clear and simple English. I said they weren't doing their job and asked the name of the leading boy. He behaved violently. He was disposed to bully and antagonise. After much time and unpleasant experience he tried to make the call and continued to behave menacing and asking me menacing "is there any problem sir". Unfortunately the bully receptionist didn't tell me his true name instead using the name Babu which means something like worker. I got a high room for relative quiet. The room wasn't sound proof and a loud late night club is nearby. I've stayed at other similarly priced Thamel hotels all of which are better in every way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank Billy85
Denver, CO
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is fairly nice, but we were very put off by how they handled laundry service. After just arriving in Kathmandu and before heading out for the evening we asked if there was a spot nearby to drop some laundry. The front desk insisted we drop it with them for 100 rupee/kg. We agreed, and immediately felt foolish as soon as we stepped on the street and saw places everywhere advertising 50 rupee/kg. At that point we shrugged it off, figuring we were just paying for the convenience of having it done at the hotel. However, when the laundry arrived several hours late (delaying our departure from Kathmandu) and we were asked to pay 200 rupee/kg my husband resisted. They eventually accepted the agreed upon 100 rupee/kg fee, but we left with a seriously bad taste in our mouth from this hotel.

That being said, rooms are decent and the rooftop breakfast is nice. Just take your laundry elsewhere :)

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tcldenver
hotelfamilynepal, Manager at Hotel Family Home, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Namaste from the family home Kathmnadu,
Just read your reviews on tripadvisor ,I really appreciate your time to write this reviews,I have called the meeting between all my staffs in the reception and ask them about your problem and I found out that you and the reception had misunderstanding some how ,its not a big issue but I strongly told all the staff not to make any profit on such stuff
I am soryy from my side as well ,this time you had this problem because we do not have system of doing the laundry by kilo,we only take it by piece and the reception was confuse as well with our laundry person, of course the hotel is more expensive then outside which we always tell our guest openly
At the end we are really sorry for the felling you had ,I hope we can see you in our home for the next time and will make your stay more comfortable
Mukti Pandey and family home team