“My stay in hotel family home”
Review of Hotel Family Home

Hotel Family Home
Ranked #6 of 198 Hotels in Kathmandu
“My stay in hotel family home”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, rooms plus general hotel were kept spotless. Staff was very attentive pleasant place for shopping and visit; we will definitely stay there again. Roof top garden was so nice and was very pleasant to have breakfast on rooftop.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Staying here is okay. For the extremely high ratings and the moderate price point, I was a bit disappointed. There are bugs flying around in the room, but not in exorbitant amounts. Rooms are a bit old. Breakfast is good. Staff friendly for the most part. I was transferred to a nicer room for free on my second night there which was nice.

I do agree with the other reviewer here: do your own research about prices they suggest for taxis, tours, etc. because what they suggest is not right. This is where I felt uncomfortable. They insist they don't make any money from these services because they are "just a hotel", but either they are lying or they don't bother trying to give you a good price.

Bottom line: not a bad option, but there are better options out there. I'm back in Kathmandu now but I'm staying somewhere else paying less than half of what I paid to stay in Hotel Family Home and I'm much more satisfied here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Kathmandu can be a bit overwhelming for the first-time visitor. Family Home Hotel in the heart of the bustling Thamel district is a welcoming oasis with extremely warm and helpful staff. The hotel manager, Mr. Kapil Prandey, is very dedicated to the comfort and convenience of his hotel's guests. Babu at the front desk provided exceptional assistance throughout my stay, holding my luggage while I was trekking, helping me recharge batteries, arranging for taxis and orienting me to the shops and area around the hotel. I enjoyed speaking in English with him and learning a little Nepali too! The rooms are spacious and clean. And once the shops close their heavy metal doors, the hotel is very quiet. For the tired trekker there is also a spa next to the hotel lobby and a wonderful little Japanese restaurant downstairs that serves up comfort food. I highly recommend this hotel for solo or family travelers.

Room Tip: Room 703 had a nice view and was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed 4 nights on hotelfamilyhome, I found it very well mannered and beautiful hotel. All staffs membered were well discipline.It had got good rooftop view in resealable prices.The best thing about this hotel is excellent wifi and delicious breakfast.i would highly recommend and like to thanks hotelfamilyhome.

Aneeta
Sydney, australia

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Aneeta D
King George, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here twice both when we arrived (2 nights) and prior to leaving (1 night). Both times the room was spacious and clean. The real highlight for us though were the helpful staff, especially Yougaraj Amgain. Yougaraj treated us like family helping us get to a local bus to Pokhara, checking in with us during our trip, and making sure we were off to our next adventure without a hitch. They also held our stuff for 25 days while we went trekking. There are also some nice restaurants within walking distance, and ATMs close by. Overall great experience, we highly recommend this hotel. Thanks again to our friend Yougaraj.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

2 times during my stayed at this hotel was great the staff genuinely friendly, gentle and really looked after their guests. Location wise FH is well placed away from the noise and hustle and bustle of the main road but close enough should you wish to get involved. I would stay at Family Home again if I ever come back to Nepal, it was a great experience and a lovely place with beautiful rooftop breakfast place. Special thank you to Babu at Family Home for making my stay a truely special one!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Raniwida
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel family home as part of a trek. Upon returning from the trek my original stay of two nights turned into a week. Everything about the hotel is quality for a very reasonable price. From the friendly staff who are more than accommodating to the excellent breakfast served on the roof the the clean rooms with hot showers and WiFi that works without fault; everything is quality. I would highly recommend.

James