Hotel Cascade Pvt. Ltd.
US$157
US$153
Radisson
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$205
US$298
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed in Cascade for one week straight because I had business to attend in the nearby Bishalnagar area. Cascade is set apart from other hotels through its amazing customer service and staff flexibility. I was a student travelling on a budget, and though the rooms are a bit on the pricey side compared to hotels in Thamel, this hotel offers pure value for money. For instance, before travelling I sent emails to the hotel clarifying my flight details and timings and for every single one I received a response within the same day. After that, when I arrived, I was booked for a non air conditioned room, but since air conditioned rooms were available, I was bumped up for the same price, without even asking for it. The rooms are well furnished, and are reasonable in size especially compared to other hotels in Kathmandu. The hotel is centrally located if you have any business to attend to with any of the embassies. Food is a bit on the pricey side, but being vegetarian, everything I ordered was delicious, well cooked and the just the right quantity. You can book tours and further trips from the hotel, and the staff is very helpful and flexible in this regard. I was given consistent discounts through out my entire stay, and once when I complained that the commitments from my river rafting trip were not fully honored, I was given a full adjustment to the amount I stated. The hotel also organizes city tours for a very affordable fee, and you're taken around in a Volkswagen sedan which by Kathmandu standards is a proper luxury car. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes from the Thamel area, and the hotel staff will ensure you get a reasonably priced taxi. Every taxi that I took from the hotel was cheaper than the ones I found at taxi stands in the Thamel area. There's also free wifi with good connectivity and speed, albeit the rooms at the back may be out of reach. However, if wifi is a priority, let the hotel staff know and they'll be more than happy (as was my case) to give you a room right in front of the router. The hotel is situated a few meters away from the main street, which minimizes traffic noise while making it fully accessible. There's a temple right in front of the hotel which causes some noise in the morning, but if you want to make the best of your tour you'll be wanting to wake up in the morning everyday anyways, especially since most of Kathmandu is completely shut down by 11PM at night and tour buses leave early in the morning. A great place to stay, with exceptional staff. Definitely recommended for anyone who wants a great deal minus the hustle and noise of the main tourist areas.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the staircase are better. They minimize noise from the temple and have ample wifi coverage. Rooms to the front of the building are a bit noisy and rooms to the back have a few problems with the wifi. Rooms towards the back are the quietest though.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nabeel S
HotelCascade, Owner at Hotel Cascade Pvt. Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Nabeel,

Thank you for taking your time out to write such detailed review about us and sharing your wonderful experience with us on Trip Advisor. It’s always a pleasure to have you at Hotel Cascade. We are happy to be able to make your stay a memorable experience.
Thank you for appreciating our sincere hard work and for recommending us. Your confidence in our service has boosted us to keep successful.

Thank you once again for your nice review & hope to have chance to serve you in Hotel Cascade in future too.

warm Regards,

Sanam Manandhar
Hotel Cascade Family

Reviewed 8 August 2013

It is the best hotel.which is situated in the heart of Kathmandu. With pleasant environment and very friendly staffs.Good rooms, good food and other facilities.When ever i go to kathmandu obviously i will stay in this hotel.And i will suggest my friend to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here 2 nights after our trek (Ting's was full) and 1 night prior to our flight home. It may not be the most charming hotel but it's clean and the rooms have what's needed. Yes the shower makes the bathroom floor wet, but many hotels in Asia are like that. There is a noise problem in the hotel. There are lots of dogs barking all night and there is a Buddhist prayer wheel right in front that dings every time someone turns it. There is also noise from within which we only noted on night #2 when the hotel was more crowded. I advise a room at the back to reduce street noise, and earplugs (which goes for every Ktm hotel). The staff is very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Take room in back to decrease outside noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here for one night before travelling to Chitwan.
The hotel picked us up from the hotel, organised a bus for us to chitwan and rang a taxi to take us to the bus station.
They were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were not the most amazing but although being very fussy we were more than happy to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I told the owner that I could not recommend his hotel because it is just too noisy. We stayed here for 10 nights because we could not find other accommodation in the area. We were in our room at the end of the hallway on the second floor and could even hear the conversations in reception. And we had the door closed. There is too much marble flooring and hard surfaces and conversations/noises reverberate too easily. The tent dwellers who forget to close doors by turning the handles also contribute to the din from outside and inside. It has not been designed with customers in mind and this was confirmed when I checked-out. After being asked if we enjoyed our stay I replied “no” because of the noise and suggested that some carpet could reduce it in common areas, such as reception, hallways, and stairs. Apparently this is impossible because marble is more hygienic and easy to clean.
Other observations are:
Most bathroom windows open on to the hallway adding to other obnoxious noises.
The shower has no screen so everything in the bathroom gets wet, including toilet paper.
Scrambled eggs are a good choice for those who like the extra calcium of egg shell.
Cleaners start work about 6.30 am but you are lucky if your room is cleaned. The room of a chinese family was not cleaned despite putting a ‘please clean my room’ sign on their door.
The roof top restaurant is a couple of plastic tables and chairs with a fabulous view of the hotel’s washing. Food is delivered from the ground floor restaurant.
A courtesy notice to other residents about noise could help.

Room Tip: The least preferred rooms are at the front of the hotel which is beside the local temple. But these are okay if you enjoy the sounding of bells around 4.30am every morning and prayers via loud speakers during the day. But the loud speaker could have used because it was the festive season.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple