“Convenient for airport, great service from staff”
Review of Summit Residency

Summit Residency
Ranked #155 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 12 July 2012

A friend had stayed over for one night a week earlier and contacted the manager to enquire about us taking a room for a few hours as we were arriving in the morning and not leaving until late evening. The manager gave us an excellent deal and was so helpful upon our arrival, giving us advice on sightseeing and helping us with taxis. In fact, all the staff were more than helpful and very friendly. We ate lunch and later a snack in the restaurant and the quality of food was very good. Room amenities were basic but clean, good value for money. Recommended if you are passing through Kathmandu and need somewhere to rest, clean up and spend a few hours.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was arranged to this hotel for a night in Kathmandu. There's free wifi in the lobby, and you got to pay if you want to have it in your room. Though I paid for it, my corner level 4 room seemed to have very weak wifi reception, it was lagging and disconnected a few times.

My room has a superb view of Kathmandu (colorful buildings) and a mountain! It's only level 4, so I wasn't expecting that. Room is clean, brightly lit, there's adequate furniture and space in the room.

The dinner served in the restaurant was good. My company arranged for it. It was like some indian buffet, but instead of walking to the line to get the food, the staff took the dish to you and if you want it, he will scoop for you onto your plate. Breakfast, however was a little disappointed. I wish they will have more western choices.

Also would like to highlight to one of the staff who took time to accompany the Silkair cabin crews in the night to the town. Didnt manage to take down his name, but thanks for the efforts because your presence was greatly appreciated. We felt safe in your presence despite in a foreign land.

Tips: There's a money-changer right outside the hotel on the left, but be careful and make sure you count your money properly before you leave. However, there's no decent convenience store or provision shop outside. Also, you cant expect clean water from the tap in Kathmandu (anywhere!).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

i have visited hotel airport on 24th june 2012.hotel location is near kathmandu airport.it is quite convinient for tourist.there is nereby pasupatinath temple

Room Tip: i think every rooms of hotel are good maintained and everybody like to stay over here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Its not as good as seen or as highlighted in the websites. Even though very closeby to the Airport, the location is bit dissapointing & the neighbourhood of the Hotel is very poorly maintained. The rooms are O.K, but the tap water for mouth wash & shower was very offensive & very unhygeinic. The breakfast was average but the food availability in their restaurant was unexpectedly good!. so its best for urgent transit stay & for those keen on visiting lord pashupathinath temple, which is in a walking distance.

Room Tip: travellers better chose bigger triple rooms/ family rooms for more space & good interiors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The Hotel is situated just opposite to the Airport. The food is nice. Room service is very good. The rooms are very clean and looks trendy.I have stayed in this hotel for about 4 times . Will repeat. All the staffs are very friendly and generous.Chicken Momo's here are very good. You can access the internet in the Lobby for free. It will be chargeble if you wanna use it in your room.

Room Tip: Choose for Corner Rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

When I think of an airport hotel, impersonal comes to mind. But not in Kathmandu.
I was transiting to and from Bhutan and stayed here both times. Not only was it a minute from the airport it was also close to some important places worth visiting: Pashupatinaath temple (3 mins in a taxi), and Patan (10-15 mins by taxi), which is great for site seeing and shopping.

The menu has much to chose from and if there is nothing that you find you can always ask and they will do their best to accommodate your palate.

I found all the staff friendly, approachable and front of house, especially, made sure that I was comfortable and had everything I need. I had a couple of hurdles to cross and they were all solved for me by them. Not only did they book taxis for me and advise me on places to visit, I even got an airport escort.

I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2012

After a harrowing experience at another Kathmandu airport-area hotel (warning: stay away from the Palagya Hotel!!) we felt we arrived at a palace upon entering the Airport Hotel.

We wanted to stay at a hotel close to the airport since we were leaving Nepal on May 28th, the day after the constitutional deadline. If there was to be a strike we wanted to ensure we could get to the airport for an early morning Buddha Air flight to see Mt. Everest and a mid-afternoon flight to India.

Situated a 5min walk to the airport, this hotel offered us a basic room with clean bedding (shame on you, Palagya Hotel!), A/C and standard bathroom and free wi-fi in the lobby.

I have to commend the hotel staff for being so friendly and efficient. The front-desk staff was nothing but helpful, the manager helped arrange a ride to the airport terminal (my travelling companion was 6 months pregnant and its a long walk with heavy backpacks) and our waiter in the breakfast room was terrific.

The food at breakfast might have been a little suspect (balls of butter floating in a big bowl of dirty water) but the toast with honey was perfect.

All in all we had a short stay but appreciated our time at the Airport Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kathmandu
Hotel Bagmati
The Boudha Inn
The Boudha Inn
#66 of 207 in Kathmandu
Grand Norling Hotel's Resort Country Club & Spa

Been to Summit Residency? Share your experiences!