“A great room in a crazy city ran by honest people”
Review of Pariwar B&B

Pariwar B&B
Ranked #97 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 28 April 2014

When you turn up in Kathmandu you will encounter a very manic city and when you get out the plane or off the bus after a long journey you will want to come somewhere that's ran by good,honest people that will not only give you a comfortable room at a good rate but who will look out for you over your stay.

As an example of how nice these people are..whilst myself and girlfriend were trekking the Annapurna circuit we had a problem accessing money ..our guide Nabee who turned out to be an incredible guide and now friend lent us money and paid for our accommodation along the way ,once the Pariwar B&B were informed they put a loan into our account at no extra fee.

Incredibly generous and helpful all around,

Giri Kewal was the man that organised our trek and flights he put a lot of work in and didn't want much in return. I felt very pleased with the price ,planning and execution of our adventure and would recommend these guys to anyone

Room Tip: Book In advance
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonJamesStevens

Reviewed 26 April 2014

we had a fantastic stay . the hotel is very quiet and clean . so one can get into your room .it had a very clan bathroom a deep thamel tub and a "washlet " toilet .there is a t.v free internet and wifi in the Lobby .a cross the street in pizza house which I would highly recommend to an one staying here . for cheap breakfast in the morning I would like stay pariwar B&B I back to again. thank you I have good business

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Rajan D
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on our first visit to nepal, and we are so chuffed with how good it was. The staff go out of there way to help and advise you and we booked à treck with them too which was great value for money. The porter the hotel Works with is a great guy. If you need à porter ask for nabi we are now all firm friends. The hotel is clean and comfortable and good value. Everything you been Want really. Top notch place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nocci2014, Guest Relations Manager at Pariwar B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear tais e,
Thank you for writing such good review to our hotel. we are extremely happy that we were
able to satisfy your first stay in Nepal.

We are sorry if we had any inconvenience with you in anything.
we will surely keep you in our mind as you were our precious guest
and it was great serving you.

we hope to see you next time too and will be waiting to serve you as the way we had
this time.

Have a good time ahead
Best regards!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

To make a long story short - if you are an impatient person, you care about petty things and you don't appreciate people please do not come to Nepal. The people that own this place and the people that work here earned nothing less than your appreciation. The country deserves all your patience and please leave your baggage of petty at the door. Only if you can appreciate the beauty in people should you be blessed to stay here at Pariwar, where family comes first and giving back to others less fortunate is mandatory. You can learn a thing or two from this family.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank tais e

Dear tais e,
It feels great to receive such a touchy and over wheeling review to our family hotel.
It meas a lot to us. We try our best to make our guest happy and make their stay memorable
one and this time we did it.

Any way its was great having you here with us exchanging our thoughts and ideas
also we are proud that you admire Nepal and Nepali in a best way.

Have a good time ahead and do visit us time and again.
Best regards!!!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Although this is my first review on tripadvisor, I am an avid follower and use this site to book all my trips. After narrowing down our choices, we decided to go with Pariwar B&B. I am so happy we decided with this hotel. Location is perfect and the owner/staff have been the best! Such friendly, attentive, and caring personalities. The fact that its family run and operated has added a nice touch to the experience. Besides the staff, the terrace is the best feature by far. It is very quiet and relaxing with great open views. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MSalica

Dear MSalica,
we don't know how to thank you as you were like our part of our family during your stay with us.
we will never forget those fun time that we had in our hotel and the time we got chance to know each other. we are very much happy to receive such kind of review that inspires us to do our best at our work. the compliments to the staff is very and do hope that we will keep o going like this.

we certainly feel that you will visit us next time too .
Have a loving time ahead.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at Pariwar B&B for two nights at the end of my stay in Nepal last month. The hotel is in an excellent location right in the heart of Thamel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room was much cleaner than other places that I stayed at in Thamel and had a nice layout.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kaala T

Dear Kaala T,
first of all, thank you for taking your time to write a best review to our hotel remembering your stay
with us.It was great having you here with us as we were able to fulfill your needs and demands .

Also thank you a lot for the comment in the cleanliness aspect along with the friendly nature of staff toward you.we promise that will do our best at our work in future to satisfy the next guest as we did to you.

Let's hope that we will get chance to meet next time also.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Over the course of 2 months Ram Giri and I exchanged emails about his hotel and the options for my trips based out of his hotel. I traveled halfway around the world to this place based on Ram's assurance that my room was reserved and my tours booked. That took a leap of faith and it was worth it! I could have booked thru Agoda but went with a wild crazy spirit of trust.
Upon my arrival in Kathmandu and the resulting 1030 pm chaotic visa process there, I was met by a young man with a large sign with my name on it...So nice to see as the flight, visa queues and baggage retrieval mess had frazzled my last nerve.
The hotel was about 35 minutes by car from KTM airport and upon arrival in Thamel I was awed by being literally in the shopping epicenter.
Up a few flights of stairs (no lift) and I was met by Ram personally. He went thru the trip options once again and as planned, all went well. Ram has a company called Pariwar Holidays and is able to meet all needs and areas of interest.
The rooftop terrace was so nice to relax on, the roof dining room was pleasant as well. I had the chance to cook a meal with the chef and shared it with some backpacker friends I had made there. It was so great to cook a meal and enjoy fellowship. Pricing was reasonable for lunch and dinner and the breakfast was adequate. Some of the menu selections were not available but what was there was prepared fresh for every meal. Some planning with Ram and lunch and dinner choices were gathered and waiting upon my arrival back from shopping/ tours. The beer was cold, the food was good, the company was great!
My room was a Deluxe, nice and spacious. The bed was just about right for a blend between soft and firm. The bathroom was very basic but managable and the hot water was very nice.
There was a TV, fan, mini fridge, armoire, 2 chairs and a table making it a nice area to relax in.
The rolling scheduled blackouts commom thru Kathmandu were made manageable by the hotel generator. The bathroom and sink area lights worked on the generator, making it easy to move around and get dressed during a blackout. Ram has plenty of outlets in areas of the hotel to power your electronics during the blackouts, a very nice feature.
Overall, the hotel is 3 buildings all together with quirky stairs and different levels of areas all working together to make a cute hotel.
The area the hotel is in make absolute solitude impossible but the nearness of the areas make the hotel a go-to spot for Thamel interested persons.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank azroxx

Dear azroxx,
Thank you very much for the kind review. It is clear that we exchange a lot of things when you were with us. The big is that we were pretty successful in making you familiar with us which is our motto.
And your relation with Mr.Ram is very deep which shows that we will surely have you with us the next time also.

The compliments regarding food, drinks, beds, cleanliness and room is good to have as we are always keen to hear that.

We wish to serve you in future.
Have a successful time ahead.