“Fantastic Trekking Trip”
Review of Asian Journey

Asian Journey
Ranked #185 of 682 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Asian Journey Pvt Ltd is a privately owned adventure travel company that specializes in providing its clients with high-quality trips to the Himalayas and the surrounding regions oh Nepal.Founded in 2003 in Nepal, Asian Journey has long years experience in providing its clients with life lasting memories of their travels, tours and adventures to the Himalayas and the region. We offer adventure tours & travels to three Himalayan countries which include Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet – the gems of the Himalayan range. We offer a wide range of activities including hiking, trekking, peak climbing, mountaineering, rafting, mountain biking and wildlife safaris. One of our greatest specialties also include cultural tours around the heritage sites of these three countries.
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My trip supposed to Gokyo Ri, due to weather badly we stuck in airport for 2 days waiting flight resume.

After wasting my two day in Kathmandu eventually i decided change my trek to Annapurna base camp it was recommended by Surya Asian Journey either Annapurna or reduce 2 days in Gokyo Ri due to my time permit, honestly i don't dare to try my third days flight to Lukla.

During this ABC trek Binod my guide and porter he is so helpful and friendly, well arrange such a fantastic journey. Also i never expect that Pokhara region is so peaceful and beautiful last day early morning i was enjoy sunrise with lot of birds singing, those who like natural Annapurna trek is a must. I will definitely recommend your company to my colleagues and friend who will visit Nepal in the future.

3  Thank ChefLeongL
"travel agency"
in 4 reviews
"weather conditions"
in 2 reviews
"trek to everest base camp"
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Asian Journey Treks (P) Ltd:
We had an absolutely wonderful and unforgettable experience with Asian Journey Treks. Your expertise, patience, guidance, and recommendations, and the little extra touches you planned for us at every step of the way, combined to make this one of the most enjoyable travel experiences of our lives. The value of your services was well worth the cost, and in fact you probably saved us a substantial sum in the overall scheme. I would heartily recommend Asian Journey to anyone contemplating a trip of Nepal. We will definitely be back, and I will contact you and Asian Journey well beforehand.

Ah Leung , Patrick

2  Thank patrick_leung2012
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I were told about Asian Journey Treks by a friend, and wrote an email to them just days before we hoped to leave on a trek in Nepal.

We received a reply from Surya almost immediately, and he was always incredibly prompt and helpful in responding to us as we tried to figure out what the best option for our trek would be. In the end, Surya arranged a private trek for us, met us in Thamel to gather our documents so that he could get TIMS (trekking visas) issued for us, and generally could not have been more helpful and accommodating during our preparation week.

Once on the trek, our guide (Babu) and porter (Sujan) were just outstanding. They were friendly, helpful, insightful and a joy to spend 10 days with. They were serving and kind, and quite enjoyable to chat with, too. We appreciated how they gave us some space when we wanted to walk alone, but they were always nearby if we needed them. As photographers, we stopped quite often to take photos, and they were quite patient -- always happy to go at the pace we requested.

3  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I didn't expect to have such wonderful trekking journey in Pokhara (Nayapul --Tikhedhunga -- Ghorepani --Annapurna mountains.....) since I needed to walk alone all the way. Thanks to the travel agency's arrangement, I got a caring & trustworthy Guide / Porter with me. The trails in Annapurna are truly awesome, mountain lovers should not miss them here. Even the cost is a bit higher than what other Chinese trekkers advised me. However I reckon it's quite worthy. After all, safety & pleasure are the most crucial to a solo traveller.

4  Thank Eileen525Y
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I told Mr Surendra, the manager of Shree Tibet Family Guest House about my plan to go to Pokhara by bus and back by flight, he said no problem, he will get bus tickets and flight tickets for us, he ask me whether i want bus with aicon or without aircon, i said without aircon because cold season in Nepal, the bus fare cost about USD 12 per person and flight ticket USD102 per person. Night before our journey, Mr Surendra reminded us to wake up early because at 6.00am we should be ready at the lobby. We were very excited, we woke up very early, we carried light backpack, the rest we kept it at the hotel conceige. We also brought a flask of hot coffee, a bottle of energy tea drinks and sandwiches . At 6.10 am guided by a hotel staff, we walked to the tourist bus station together with other hotel guests (a young girl from Argentina, couple from UK and couple from Belgium), at 6.20 we were already at the bus station. I saw many tourist bus from various bus companies already line up, waiting for the passangers. Our tourist bus company known as Baba Adventure tour and travel company, the bus in blue colour. The bus look good, the seat was comfortable, my seat no 31 and 32 left hand side, last seat at the back. Almost all tourist bus to Pokhara moved around 6.30 to 7.00am to Pokhara. What we called tourist bus station actually was not a proper bus station, all the tourist bus line up at the road side of Kartipath road. View in Kathmandu city along the journey was not so nice, very dirty, rubbish scattered all over, the river full of rubbish and the water black in colour. Many shops still close except shops selling vegetables, foods and fruits. Most of the building look old, ugly and crowded, The road condition was not so good, some very bumpy. Outside, very noisy with sound of hon from vehicles on the road, many peoples walking, strolling, standing, lingering here, there and every where. But when we arrived at Satungal, the view become better, not crowded , nice view with vegetables farms. Thankot area more beautiful , more green, with jungles, highlands and valley. Actually, if we want to go to Pokhara by bus, better take seat at right hand side because the view beautiful with river flow side by side with the road, we can see mountain range, valley, plantation, farm and villages. But if we take seat at left hand side , the view not so nice, quite monotonous with jungle and high slope, our eyes and head always looking up, after sometime we feel uneasy and painful especially at our neck. The road after Kathmadu city in good condition, except at Nagdhuga area, the road very narrow with sharp corner , deep slope and we can see the road layered by layered. Along the journey, the bus stop for rest at 3 places, first stop about 5 minit, the place on the top of the hill, with food stalls and toilet, view of villages and farms, second stop about 15 minutes, the place with restaurant, toilet facities and nice view of river flow and third stop for lunch about 30 minutes with good restaurants, toilet facilities and view of villages and farms. Along the journey, the bus crossed two long bridges, one after Chitwan with big signboard Welcome to Tanahun, and the other one near to Pokhara, the bridge known as Madi Bridge. We reached at Pokhara bus station at 14.30. My Journey from Kathmandu to Pokhara by bus was the moment of truth, very special , meaningful and adventurous.

4  Thank soriah298570