We stayed three times (May, and 2x March) with Peak Point Hotel, every time for multiple days. In total we stayed almost 20 days here.
- the rooms are clean. They clean your room every day, even if you stay longer. We opted out some days.
- the beds are very comfortable, and the sheets smell good;
- the breakfast is great, you can choose what you want. Try the pancakes;
- there's 24h light;
- the staff is super friendly and helps you find your way in town. Thanks Devon, Gopal, Amrith!;
- close to Thamel, but away from all the traffic;
- there's a book swap shelf with some books;
- the in house travel agency gives out information about things to do, without being pushy;
- airport pickup (bear in mind that there are some shady figures at the airport, requesting tips, but in our case it turned out he had nothing to do with the hotel nor the taxi driver. We did not tip this figure.).
The not so good (all outside the hotel):
- there's construction work going on in the area. They start around 6-7 am, but that will pass;
- with rain, the dirt road in front of the hotel will become a bit muddy;
- Kathmandu has a load shedding for electricity, so there will be times without power.
All in all we really enjoyed staying in Peak Point Hotel, and we know where to go next time in KTM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peak Point, which was opened in 2009 is an inner city hotel, it oozes personality and charms as it was created with the discerning traveler in mind. Our 20 charming rooms are of cosmopolitan class where we have integrated the flow through of space & light, the softest hues of earth, the sparkles of precious metals and ambient lightings to embrace the concept of less is more. To add to the above, our location is the key factor, as there is none other than where Peak Point is....Peak Point Hotel is situated at Thamel and just 5 minutes walking distance to get to the Green Line Bus Station. Also walking distance from Kathmandu Durbar Square (Historical Place). It takes 25 minutes from International Airport to Hotel. Peak Point has 15 standard rooms, 15 deluxe rooms and 5 suite rooms. We do have free airport pickup service which is most essential for the customers to feel comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Peak Point Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.