“Good place to stay, Good location”

Hotel Discovery Inn
Ranked #117 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Toronto, Canada
“Good place to stay, Good location”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed there several days on 3 trips back into Katamandu. The hotel is clean and the staff is very friendly. The location is a little difficult to find but it is worth the effort. Because of its location the place is very quiet. The garden out front and the large tree is very nice. It was spring and a little cool. The front side rooms have big windows and face to the south. It warmed the room wonderfully. I'll be back next spring. Wifi works great all day and nite, even though the city has major electrical blackout.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
China, Maine
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I been there and stayed 3 wonderful nights. Feel like my own family home there. located wonderful peaceful places even crowded touristic city. i like there as a view of the simply is the best. visible garden restaurent from the window very beautiful and enjoy. Staff of the hotel were quite understanding and ready for their duty. Nothing to say more than that, i feel happiness. see you

Room Tip: room no304
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 June 2014

i was in hotel discovery inn on june 2.and stay ist 1 night .Then.i was go pokhara .When.finished pokhara again come back kathmandu and stay in this hotel.
Everything is best for me in Discovery inn.They have small.garden with some trees.Cold and hot shower in the room.They have cable tv who was intrested for up comming world cup.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Motija
Beijing, China
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed Hotel Discovery Inn on may 2014 just for 2nights.I m from China . Discovery Inn is niceso hotel.I stayed with my girl friend in room no 303 .we take hot shower there .if no electricity hot shower is came by solar. Fast wi fi but free.Hotel give
us always hot drinking water .we stayed just 2 nights but we have satisfied .

2 Thank LingAn1
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On may 27 i was in kathmandu in first time.Then.i went thamel looking arround .Some Nepali guide took me Hotel discovery Inn.I like very much the hotel because it is cheap for me.But i feel they behavied me like a family member.i m very impressed with them.
Otherside,hotel is my perfect choice i am seeking for a better and peaceful accommodation in this beautiful Thamel area.i meet all my needs that i want to make my journey precious and provide me the excellent services at the besr of thems capacity.

6 Thank BenMa12
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Hey Discovery Inn family !
How are you all ?
I stayed 3 nights in there.I like there every thing .location is centre of thamel .peaceful environment .Nice garden and restaurent .staff all are very very honest and helpful .if you need something just provide soon likewise nearly 5 minites.They provide me hot drinking water .they have free wi fi in room . Hotel is very resonable price.I take hot shower all the time .so i think this hotel is really excellent .

2 Thank Jame10E
East China, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hey! My English is not so good. I want to write some words about this hotel. How I start to write review.some people wrote good about discovery and some people wrote bad.
Bit I stay 3 nights this hotel I couldn't found any problem. I like this place to stay because they provide hot water for shower. I drinks always hot water so they give me any time hot drinking water. I use the hotel kitchen for cook my noodles.I fell my home. I use WiFi in room. Price of room is very cheap. So when I go China Irrecommend all my friends if they go to Kathmandu go and stay Discovery inn.
ZHU xiao