“best location and good deal”
Review of Festoon Hotel

Festoon Hotel
Ranked #52 of 455 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and I found it in good location, centre of thamel and near for all the places, the staffs are friendly and the cost fair, highly recommended for tourists looking accommodation in the center in thamel at cheap price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank maria g
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your detailed feedback via Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed at festoon hotel even I am always glad to know that my colleagues give their very best in caring for our guests. thank you

We look forward to welcoming you back to Festoon hotel in the hopefully near future.

Kindest Regards,

Babu thapa

There are newer reviews for Festoon Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Perfect place to stay while in Nepal, spacious room, great services, good location, reasonable prices, amazing staff, 24 hrs wifi service and peaceful environment. In all, i will highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Nepal. Thank you "Festoon hotel" for the wonderful and memorable stay.
We look forward to our next stay!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Suprety
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Greetings from Festoon Hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am surely glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that you have enjoyed.
thank you..

Warm regards
Babu thappa

Reviewed 10 March 2013

If you are looking for best place to stay, festoon hotel is one of them. Friendly people, centre of the heart of the kathmandu(Thamel), you will get much more free advice, free WiFi, I will suggest to stay in this nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
15  Thank Bastola

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear your holiday was memorable and that you have enjoyed.

Your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Festoon Hotel very soon!

Babu Thapa

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I'm living now for almost 1 year in Nepal on different places, but my main-point is still visiting Festoon Hotel in Thamel. Always welcome and rooms, showers and internet are available. Even in the buzzy seasons they are very helpful to help with roomspace and giving you nice service. Last months they re-made the whole entrance and created a very nice lounge-area at groundfloor to sit down and have nice meetings with lots of different people.

Room Tip: In tourist-seasson make reservation to be sure of the room; And after trekking/living in other place...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank Paul K

Hello Pitter
Namaste From Nepal

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our hotel. I am ever so glad to hear you have enjoyed all the wonderful things at festoon hotel. and see you soon boss.

Babu thapa

Reviewed 6 March 2013

we never forget festoon hotel & there staff,This is the most wonderful hotel we have ever stayed yet. Hotel lied in center Thamel so easy access to find market & many more things. Rooms were so spacious and clean. And of course, bed was much comfortable.24 hours hot water & speed wi-fi, even roof top garden was so nice, we want to thank the all hotel management team and all staffs. we wil be back again nepl & want to say there again,sure that we will recommend festoon hotel,

Room Tip: dear travelers always choose south part room which is near by bank of kathmandu,that part room is c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Ramkrishna83619
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Greetings from your friends at Festoon Hotel

Thank you taking the time to tell the TripAdvisor community about your recent stay at Festoon Hotel and recommending our hotel to fellow travelers to Nepal..

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and greatly appreciate all of your compliments. We have noted your constructive comments about the menus and are working on adding more selections as you have requested. We are also appreciative of your suggestion.

Thank you for all this positive feedback and we do hope you will be able to come back and visit us again soon.

Babu Thapa

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I gues this is one of the excllent place to spend night,day & morning,I spend more then week , I went there as gust but I back my country as a family of festoon hotel, price was good for me, I paid $ 18 per night including breakfast, I weak up early morning & walk up to roof toop to see the kathmandu city view, they do have relly nice rofftop garden rasturant ,
One thing I rely like this hotel lobby , they do have nice decuration ,every floor nice sofa & table where I can use my laptop coz they do have strong wi-fi, roof toop rastuarant is nice they cook good food in a cheap cost, if you go out other food place price is more then doubble , most of the time they give for the tourist free cup of nepali tea(chiya), hotel manager Ramkrishna provied all the needed information for all the tourist,one day in my room the light didn’t work..i tell him about that & so fast he called electrician & fix the light,
Some time hotel teliphone doesn’t work in room, hope they make better now,any way I like this hotel coz better location ,better price, better hot water best hotel staff, mr Ramesh he is relly nice to all, I never forget him & all hotel staff, I hope I can be there again soon, I heartly recommend to this hotel ,thank you all, namaste,

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank babusantosh_99
Festoon H, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing a review, It is very much appreciated by the team at festoon.

babu thapa
festoon hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was there in December just before Christmas rush in Europe. I stayed a week in Festoon hotel in Thamel ,Kathmandu. I really enjoyed my stay. The staffs were extremely friendly and the hotel was very clean and there was 24 hour free wi-fi. Unlike in other hotels in kathmandu, they had 24 hour hot shower available.I really recommend this hotel in Thamel if you are visiting short period in Kathmandu.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Jesse P

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the very nice short review. We loved having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back to Festoon hotel Kathmandu.

babu thapa