Festoon Hotel
Agoda.com
US$134
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat location with friendly staffnearby shoppinghot showervisit nepalaffordable pricecentral location in thamelclean roomsprivate bathroomamazing hotelstayed here for two nightsroof terracecomfortable stayquiet at nightcouple of nightsfree breakfasteasy accessenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

If you want to stay in the best B&B, then look no further: Festoon Hotel is definitely the best B&B I have ever stayed in. My Boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying there for 2 nights during our trip to Everest and everything was perfect. The house is located in a very quiet residential area, just an easy 5 mins walk to the Thamel city centre. The rooms are all great: spotlessly clean, spacious, comfortable bed, nice and big windows. We had the standard room and it was lovely, spacious, with plenty of space and a very nice bathroom.Staff are awesome, I will definitely stay here again!! Thank you Ramesh and Babu!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Devra A
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Devra
Namaste from Festoon

Dear Devra thank you so for Excellent review, so pleasure to heard that you had a good time here and hope see you soon.

Happy christmas and happy new year

Babu thapa

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I went to Nepal last month for a trip with some of my friends . We were staying in hotel Festoon for 3 days. It was really good and we found like a home . Rooms are comfortable . All the staffs was so helpfull .
Most important is it was nice meeting with a new friend Mr Ramesh ( Brother of owner) .
I would stay here again if I will go to Katmandu next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rakib N

Namaste Rakib N
Thank you for your generous feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Festoon hotel.

We were pleased to read that you had nice meeting with a new friend Mr Ramesh,....

Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Festoon hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed at Festoon for 2 nights before my trek and 1 night after I finished. Both of my stays were comfortable and enjoyable. Babu ( the owner ) was very helpful, as were all of his staff. The rooms are comfortable, although my first room was more so, room 303, which had a double bed instead of twin singles. The breakfast was nice on the rooftop terrace, the information supplied was much appreciated as was arranging my flight into Lukla to begin my trek to the EBC at the right price. Other agency's will mark up. Babu can't do enough for his guests and nothing was too much to ask. It is also very central in Thamel to shops and restaurants. I would recommend a stay here for both price and comfort. I have paid more in Katmandu in the past and got so much less. Tours are advertised and available but are not pushed on you at all. I would stay here again if I were to return to Katmandu. Thank you Babu and all the staff at Festoon!! :-)

Room Tip: Book on the internet, via the Festoon website, which includes breakfast and a free airport pick up. Room 303 is a nice room with one big bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank eIeven11

Namaste volunteer4eva

Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to write about your stay with us and for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

You get what you pay for....
The staff are so friendly, they went out of there way to ensure i was happy and didn't charge me an arm and a leg. hotel location is perfect,roof top little garden with thamel area view, we can enjoy drink & reading, as there price hotel is totally fine but if you pay there cost & expecting highly luxury hotel...this well be not suite for you,
The room was lovely, there is free WiFi, hot water, comfortable bed and all the little things you want in a nice hotel and its rite in the middle of everything without the noise you might expect.
I would advise you speak to Mr Ramkrishna the tour manager even if you are not already staying at the hotel. i cant praise him enough.
i will certainly be back, fells like home!

Room Tip: any room up the cost fine,
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kristen k
Reviewed 26 August 2013

amazing thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great service and great value. Fantastic location in the heart of Thamel. Staff are very friendly and are happy to help you with an enquiry. Great choice of rooms. Customer service was excellent. The room was very comfortable and clean and I couldn't recommend it more for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1pixie_12
festoon414, Owner at Festoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear 1Pixie

Thank you so much for such a kind review - we loved having you stay with us!

We genuinely love working hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay we can possibly provide for them - and it really is wonderful when we get such positive feedback!

I'm so pleased that you had a great time in Festoon Hotel, and

If you ever come back to Nepal, we will have a room ready for you! :p

Kind regards,