Hotel Tibet International
US$37
Travelocity
US$46
Travelocity
Kathmandu Home Hotel(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$24
US$46
US$36
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboudhanath stupatibetan decorrooftop restaurantjunior suitewonderful hotelclose to the airportmodern amenitiestop floorhotel is locatedfew minutes walkstreet noisean oasisthe hustle and bustlelaundry servicecomfortable staykathmandu valleyspa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Tibet International either side of a two week trek and being close to the airport it was ideal. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive and the room was good quality,if you want a quieter room ensure you ask for one at the rear of the hotel.My wife had a treatment at the Spa next to the hotel which was excellent and great value,highly recommend at the end of a two week trek.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank prhjones
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that we once again succeeded in making our guest stay a memorable experience. We will keep thriving.
We look forward to having your family back at HTI in near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights after a wet trek and it was brilliant. The room we had was very large with a lounge area, good size bathroom (with lots of hot water) and a big comfy bed. The staff go out of their way to help and are forever smiling. The cleanliness of the room was superb and we were looked after as if we were royalty. The breakfast had many different choices and freshly cooked omelettes or pancakes were available. A great view of the Boudha Stupa from the roof-top restaurant. Laundry service is efficient also. I would go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenni H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to write such positive review about us.
We are delighted to hear that your stay with us at HTI was memorable and would lie to visit again.
We look forward to having you back at HTI in near future.

Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here two single nights either side of a 6-day trek in the Annapurna region. I did not choose this hotel as it was organised by the trekking company, and therefore I shared a twin room with one of the girls on the trek.

The room was large with comfortable single beds, bathroom not too big but fine for a couple of nights. There was sufficient space in the room for 2 of us to spread out all our stuff and our trekking packs and get everything repacked before and after.

The shower was lukewarm, however I'm not going to hold this against the hotel as I have found this to be the case all over Nepal. It wasn't cold when we were there so it wasn't an issue.

I am taking off one point as the quality of the breakfast was not that nice. There was no omelette station and some of the food looked a bit ropey, plus the tea / coffee was super weak. The food we had at most of the lodges on our trek was better than this.

I hope the rooms have good insulation on the windows as I have to confess we were somewhat noisy on our final night (in high spirits post-trek). They kept the bar open late for us and after that we sat out on the balcony.

With regards to location, this hotel is ideally situated for the airport and also for the Bodnath Stupa. I was quite glad we were round the corner from it as I'm not sure I'd have seen it otherwise, and it is worth seeing. Bear in mind though that the hotel is not in central Kathmandu so it will be a taxi ride to Thamel and other sites - about 600NR.

The only other small niggle was that our key card for our room broke about 4 times - this wasn't a major issue over the two nights but had we been there for a week it would have been v irritating. As it was, it was only a minor concern.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time out to write such detailed review about us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to visit again in future.
Regarding the breakfast, thank you your suggestion.
We will work hard to improve upon it.
We are open to suggestions to improve our service.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent 4 nights at Tibet International and the hotel is very well located to be near the Boudha Stupa. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very friendly and smiley and make you feel at home.
Internet wi-fi is available only upon request and they give 1 coupon per guest which can be quite annoying.
the hotel is 20 min away by taxi from the well known Thamel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We are delighted to hear that we once again succeeded in making our guest stay at HTI a memorable experience.
We will keep thriving.
We would love to welcome you back at HTI anytime in future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I traveled to Nepal for the first time for a business trip and was looking for comfort, cleanliness, and value. I found this and more at Hotel Tibet. I've never felt more welcome or more like family at a hotel; the staff was more than concerned about our comfort, safety, satisfaction, and they were eager to help us make the most of our first visit to Kathmandu. We were offered a massage upon check-in, which was wonderful given the long, long travel from New York. I enjoyed morning meditation sessions with a guru before beginning my work days, and a surprisingly large breakfast selection. We had the best dinner of our trip in the restaurant here; the restaurant at the nearby 5-start Hyatt was nothing compared to Hotel Tibet! The rooms were beautifully decorated, cozy and clean, and my room had an amazing view of Boudha Stupa. I would recommend this hotel to family, friends, and colleagues.

Room Tip: The top floor with the terrace facing Boudha Stupa has an amazing view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RMH8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to write such a wonderful review about us.
Your word of appreciation means a lot to us and has boosted us to keep thriving.
Its pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stays at HTI and had a memorable experience.
We look forward to having you back in future.

Best Wishes