“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 201 Hotels in Kathmandu
New Delhi, India
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in the Boutique suite of Hotel Tibet Int'l for 2 nights on 22nd & 23rd June 2014. To begin with we had a complimentary pick up from the airport. On arrival at the hotel the check in was quick. The feel of the suite room was fantastic. The bed was comfortable and bathroom spacious. The staff was very courteous and addresses your concerns immediately. Their spa is good too.
Now a few cons. Since we are vegetarians, there is very little the hotel has to offer. We were entitled to complimentary b/f but hardly had any choices available, and if there were, the taste was not that good.
One more concern, the picture quality of the TV channels in the rooms was pathetic. We complained on this and it was attended too, but with no result. I think the hotel should go in for its own dish antenna for better picture quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shashankburman
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Shashank,

Thank you for your honest review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Tibet International and would also like to apologies for the small inconvenience caused.
Please be assured that our respective department is already upon the case to make our guest stay at HTI a memorable experience in future. Hope you will give us a second chance to show our improved form.

Dechen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am a surgeon from California and was working in Nepal for about 2 months, with frequent stays in Kathmandu. I had stayed at Hotel Tibet International in January as well, and was eager to come back to the hotel this past summer. I cannot say enough about the staff at Hotel Tibet International. All the staff members recognized me and remembered me by name. They were all incredibly helpful and went out of their way to be this way. The hotel itself is extremely comfortable with all amenities provided. I had traveled to Nepal before 4 years ago for a trekking trip and had stayed in Thamel. I prefer Boudha, the area of Hotel Tibet International, as it is a bit more calm and relaxing. I will be excited to return back to Hotel Tibet International - as I now see the staff there as friends, rather than anything else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Shailvi G
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Shailvi,
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you are delighted with our standard of service. It’s always a pleasure having you at Hotel Tibet International. We hope to see you soon near future.
Nevada City, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The welcoming and professional staff at the Hotel Tibet International create an atmosphere of peace and calm especially when you step inside the front door from the hustle and bustle of busy Kathmandu.
The architecture, art and attention to detail makes for a beautiful entry into the lobby and continues into all the rooms on all the floors. You know right away your in for a treat upon arriving when you receive a refreshing glass of lemongrass & ginger ice tea, warm towel and heartfelt good wishes.
All the services at the hotel are excellent and include a fabulous spa, rooftop & indoor restaurant and a fun place to meet with friends at the Yak Bar. Plus the rates are so reasonable!
My friend and I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights prior to a 3 week trek and stayed another 5 nights before leaving KTM.
Another bonus, I loved that its a short distance from the Boudhanath Stupa which I would walk to daily.
My experience at HTI is a highlight of my trip to Nepal and I'll definitely stay there again when I return.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors that have a good view of the neighborhood.
2 Thank Marcia C
Dear Marcia,
Thank you for taking your time out to write such detailed review about us. We are delighted to hear our effort to make our guest stay a memorable experience has been notice and appreciated. Your word of appreciation has boosted us to keep thriving. We would love to welcome you back in near future.
Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We loved this hotel and all of the staff. We were greeted with tea and warm towels upon check in which was especially wonderful after a week trekking in Tibet. Our room was clean and charming. The hotel is in a quiet location yet well situated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CrowAnnie
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Its pleasure to hear that we were able to make your stay at Hotel Tibet International a memorable experience and your enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to service you again in near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel Tibet International at Boudhanath is a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu - a peaceful escape from the dirt and pollution of the streets. The staff were courteous and professional. Each anticipated my needs. When I sought information about tours, complete information was provided including advice about whether what I sought was feasible. Rooms are modern and clean. The food is tasty and varied. The small touches such as the welcome drink and hot towel made a difference but, overall, I was made to feel welcome adn nothing was too much trouble.

1 Thank Neil M
khanalsky, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet International, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Neil,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that we were able to make your stay at Hotel Tibet International, a memorable experience and you enjoyed your stay with us.
We would love to have you back at HTI in near future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my third time in Kathmandu and this time i needed to stay in a different place than Radisson Hotel. I was surprised to be greeted with a fresh cup of tea (i think it was lemongrass) and a nicely presented washcloth to refresh my face and hands as i arrived at the frontdesk. Staff is dressed in traditional Tibetan outfit and i could hear Tibetan music in the background. Decoration is awesome and impeccable and im a visual person. Staff was always available and prompt at all times of day or evening. I have nothing to complain about but i may suggest to get a room away from front street , Kathmandu is a very noisy and dusty city even at night. Would definitely recommend u to stay there. Hotel is 5 minutes walk away from Stupa Bodhanath

Room Tip: away from front street if u want quietness.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank helene o
Dear Helene,
Thank you for taking your time out to write such detailed review about us. Its pleasure to hear that our, utmost effort to make our guest stay a memorable experience has been notice and appreciated. Thank you.
We will keep thriving.
We look forward to having you back in near future.
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recommend Hotel Tibet, I stayed there as part of a study abroad trip in June. The hotel staff greets you with a hot towel and drink when you arrive and never ceases to be helpful. They always greet you when you arrive and always provide helpful service. The restaurant serves excellent food and is very hygienic, which was a great relief for us Westerners. The rooms were always very clean and the beds very comfortable. There was always a cookie and a bottle of water waiting for us when we came back in the evening. My favorite part of Hotel Tibet is the staff, everyone from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff are always dressed nicely and very friendly. When I asked the front desk staff to swap some rupees for nice ones as gifts, they took great care to find me the nicest ones they could and even explained all the people and symbols on the bills. I also loved waking up early in the morning and walk to the stupa, which is a very short walk from the hotel and then eating breakfast on the rooftop afterwards. I recommend this hotel and would love to would love to return for another stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the center section overlook the city, but any room overlooking the courtyard has a nice vie...
1 Thank Mathew B
Dear Mathew,
Thank you for taking your time out to write a review about us. It’s always a pleasure to hear that we once again succeeded in making our guest stay at Hotel Tibet International, a memorable experience. We will keep thriving.
We hope to have you back in near future.