“home awaya from home”

Hotel Kathmandu Terrace
Ranked #229 of 455 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I like this hotel very much.this hotel has clean room with affordable price.the staff,boss,are al are exillent they care for us.They traeat us like a family member of their home.i would like to recomended all of you to come and stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank deven k
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kathmandu Terrace

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Spent a couple of nights here. the hotel shares a building with various other little cafes and businesses but this is no problem and no-one bothers you trying to sell you things. The reception was keen for us to chat to their tour guide person to set us up with tours but we just wanted to relax but they didnt pressure us or anything so that was okay.
rooftop garden was a very pleasant place to spend time and it's fun to watch the hustle and bustle of the streets below.
wifi was good and room service/staff were also great and helpful.
room clean and we were given a room fan which was very sufficient to keep us cool.
Very central location.
We thought we got locked out one night as the shutters were down and locked, we panicked a bit, but we banged on the shutters a bit and someone from reception came very quickly. that was just after midnight or 1am, so I guess maybe let the reception know if you're planning to stay out late!
Shower and bathroom fine though the toliet wouldn't flush sometimes but at least it didn't leak (too much!).
Very great value for money. We found it a little difficult to find amongst all the street signs but I've put up a photo to try and help!

Room Tip: it's nice being on a higher floor to have quick easy access to rooftop patio :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pajarillo33
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you're looking for a nice and trendy getaway in the heart of Thamel within your budget then this is an excellent place for you. staff is friendly and everything is available just round the corner. Rooftop garden only adds to the beauty of this hotel. i recommend it and will definitely come back on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank himsharma
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Namaste,
my friend recommend me in this Hotel. I spent 3 night over there. I enjoyed very much in this hotel. the hotel is located on central Thamel and easy to go and back any time to any clubs and bar. there is very big beautiful roof top Restaurant where i spent more than my bed room , drinking bear and chill out.the hotel staffs are friend and always help full. always me, "have you got any problems?? ground floor of the hotel , busy and many business center but rest of the things are goods.price also not expensive.I paid $10 and I was satisfied with it. Namaste is very famous Nepali word. I have learn it easily. all people respect with NAMASTE . it means like Hello.if you visit Nepal, don't forget to say Namaste when you meet the people. ha ha ha.

Room Tip: 403 is best room where I was slept.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Vasil p
SujanLamichhane, Owner at Hotel Kathmandu Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Namaste and Greetings from Hotel Kathmandu Terrace!!!

First of all, thank you so much for staying with us at Hotel Kathmandu Terrace. Also thanks for sharing your experince with us. Hopefully, i will get a chance to help you on coming future. Take care and best of Luck.

Best Regards
Hotel Kathmandu Terrace Family

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is in central location, you can found every thing on short walk from the hotel staffs are very friendly and help full. rooms are not so expensive. Beautiful rooftop garden is really attractive to view the city. I recommend to my friend in this hotel if they want to visit Nepal .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank steve j
Reviewed 6 December 2011

All in all a perfect stay . Already pick up from the airport was a nice expirience , the staff welcomed me with the traditional ring of flowers. The room was well prepared when I arrived in the hotel and also all arrangements for my trecking were prepeared as discussed and promised . I strongly recommend to use the combination of hotel stay and trekking agency from tghe manager Sujan who is most helpful and always present to support all needs someone may have .
Elke from Austria

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank elkeFGraz
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This hotel is run under new management . Sujan , the manager is doing a great job and is most hospitable and helpful . The hotel has a great location , all attractiones , restaurants and shops in Thamel are within walking . Great price / value is offered and all facilities of the hotel are in great shape and operation . Try it out and you will be pleased as we have been

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple