“Safety First”

Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition would like to welcome you to the adventure holiday in the Himalayas and offer you a safe, exciting and memorable experience with the company, which over two decades has evolved from trekking and mountaineering services provider and ticketing agent of Bhandari Tours and branched of to the adventure travel logistics organisation. We are registered with the Nepalese Government Tourism Authorities and we are committed to provide services for the range of the travellers, trekkers, climbers, mountain bike riders and mountaineers in friendly, culturally enriching and safe environment. We are an active Member of Trekking Agent’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Village Tourism Promotion Forum Nepal (VITOF-Nepal) and Nepal Tourism Board (NTB). With first hand knowledge of our country you will experience a first rate services with utmost respect and care to the ecology of our country with our guides, climbing Sherpas, cooks and helping staff providing logistics services well aware of the impact of tourism on the ecology and committed to environment friendly practices to minimise the impact. You can use our mountaineering and climbing logistics services as well as trekking, hiking and adventure holidays in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Northern India to make your adventure an exciting and life changing experience of the Everest Base Camp trek or classic climbs of majestic Ama Dablam, unforgettable Pumori or remote Mera Peak. We take you on the foot and on the mountain bike to areas of striking beauty far off the beaten treks to remote and amazingly beautiful wilderness areas of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga to rarely visited wilderness of Langtang, Dolpo and to the magic and mystique of the Kingdom of Upper Mustang.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Thank you for your extraordinary service.Nothing was too hard,nothing was missing and nothing could have been better.Just amazing really.
Given the age of our 3 adventurers (60+) safety was a top priority and it was so reassuring that this was the same for your company.Our guide was just outstanding in all facets of his care of us.Thank you Bibek for your care and friendship.I can highly recommend Snowy Horizon Treks.Great value,great organisation,great memories!

There are newer reviews for Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Annapurna Base Camp trip has been one for my books and Snowy Horizon has been a part of this achievement. I just want to extend my heartfelt thanks to you for organizing this trip for us - from the hotels, to the porters, to the trekking fees and permits, airport transfers, and our board and lodging. Your service has been excellent.

I do apologize if there was any inconvenience caused on your end with the hotels but hope that I can continue to book my future Nepal treks with you. I will not hesitate to recommend your services to future travelers.

1  Thank kcabigao
Reviewed 11 June 2014

EXCELLENT service by Snowy Horizons! Extremely professional service from Rishi, both in Kathmandu and in efficient email responses in the booking and lead up. Upon request, Snowy Horizons were able to provide everything I required on my trip, particularly for the climb up Lobuche East.
My guide, Lakpa Sherpa, was wonderful and incredibly experienced in trekking and climbing. My porter, Subaz, also did a great job. Both also provided great company to me over the 18days in the Himalayas.
I experienced severe altitude issues at 5500m and so Snowy Horizons and I, together, made the decision to descend and not continue to Lobuche East. Safety-first is the golden rule, as it should be! The situation was dealt with very efficiently by my guide on the mountain and by Rishi over the phone.
I would recommend Snowy Horizons to anyone wishing to experience the Himalayas, on any level, be it trekking or climbing. No issues whatsoever with anyone employed. They all always strived to offer the best service possible. I hope to return to the region some day and will definitely go back to Snowy Horizons!
Thank you so much for such an incredible and forever memorable experience!
Eleri

1  Thank EleriHar
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having never travelled to Nepal I was a little nervous about how the trip would all turn out. Whether the accomodation would be good, if my guide would be friendly, and the general logistics of of the itinerary. After touching down and finding the driver, who took me to the hotel for th night, I felt comfortable and never felt the need to worry about what is going to happen next. Everything was planned out to the tee, so much so that on the 3rd day of the trek I was able to choose a route depending on how tired I was feeling. The guide that was provided was very knowledgeable and fun - he kept me entertained for the 3 days and always had a smile on his face. The hotel that they put me up in for the first and last night was a nice welcome and a much needed cleanse for the respective days. When it came to the trek itself, the first night was spent in a lovely house with warm staff and an unbeatable view that I was sad to leave on the second morning. For the second night I was put up in a more traditional teahouse, which was great compared to the descriptions I've heard from other people who have used teahouses on treks. The food was very tasty and I was always offered more at each of the night spots. They even took me and another person, who had just finished her 15 day trek, for a nice meal on my last night in Nepal to say thank you and to ask how everything went.

All in all, I would definitely recommend using Snowy Horizon as they will take care of eveything and do all they can to make it the best experience possible. I'm sure when I get some time off I'll be contacting Rishi for another adventure.

1  Thank RossGould28
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just back from a ten day trek and I cannot speak highly enough of our experience. Of course, we adored what we saw but everything was made even better by the organisation of Snowy Horizon ( Thank you Rishi) and the never ending patience of our guide, Lax and porter Karmel. We are a couple of 62/72 years old and it was all made possible. I particularly liked the flexibility of the programme which we could tweak if necessary to our capabilities. Thank you so much. Vivien and Jean Louis

1  Thank vital845