“2 day trip to Shivapuri Resort”

Himalayan Single Track
Ranked #107 of 805 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Mountain Bike tours all over Nepal to incredible Himalayan regions, single tracks, exploring rural culture and some of the most unbelievable mountain biking experiences in the world. A socially, cultural and environmentally friendly company.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked a two day trip with Himalayan Single Track. We went up hill out of ktm to kakani then across to Shivapuri resort. This was a hard slog up hill but worth it. Through the national park to the resort along some great single track. The resort is a cool place and was well looked after. Day 2 had some great downhill back into town.

My guide, Arun, really looked out for my safety. He pointed out stinging nettles, tricky downhill sections etc. All the crew at HST are keen riders, most race in local competitions and really know their stuff. Their bikes are 1st class Giant brand.

I also went on one of their early morning social rides. These are a great way to meet local riders and see the city surrounds.

Jenny & Lama really put a great package together.

Andrew

Santosh R, Owner at Himalayan Single Track, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are always striving to find the best trails and best experiences for our guests. Glad you enjoyed the trip and hope to see you for more biking in Nepal.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A great day of mountain biking at the Shivapuri National Park. HST friendly staff chose the tracks for me, 30 mins of Heaven and Helipad trail, after I told them my riding preferences. HST were spot on... It was exactly what I was looking for. Professional very well maintained full suspension bike and a great guide Aayman made it one day to remember. Guide knew the trails very well, spoke English and was good company whilst riding. If you're in Kathmandu, stop by and pay Himalayan Single Track a visit you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Guys!

Thank you for the review. There are some very great downhill trail in Kathmandu. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Happy Trails

Reviewed 7 May 2014

A great days riding in he hills around katmandu, the guide aayman was spot on, great patiience with an old timer like me, a month later and were still talking about the trip, lets hope we get back soon.The Giant bikes were in great condition.
meanwhile the girls enjoyed a trek to a couple of monastrys in the hills, again a perfect trek not to hard just about right an the guide again knowledgable and freindly,
we all met up for a late lunch and a great location,

We are happy you and your family had a great trip. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was a really professional outfit with well serviced bikes and great guides, Brill experience seeing Ktm in a totally different way.

Beware though, these trips aren't for the casual biker :) I only just made it to Nargarkot as I underestimated the difficulty of the trip and overestimated my fitness and ability. Not being familiar with the bikes didn't help but if you're into biking (not road biking) these trips would be right up your street. I told my biking friends and they said it sounded like an awesome experience so make sure you know what you're letting yourself in to.

Having said that, my guide was great, helped me when I was struggling and looked after my injured knee. Thanks Arun!

Thanks Liz, we are happy you enjoyed the trip. Indeed the Kathmandu Valley is very hill and makes for some challenging cycling. :) Thank you kindly for your review. Happy Trails.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

himalayan single track has awesome staff, guides, mechanics and bikes!! i have used their services for a few months now + would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to experience nepal from the saddle!

Cheers Jackie....glad you had some good biking experiences in Nepal. Good luck with the rest of your journey.