Asahi Treks & Expedition - Mountain Flight and Helicopter Day Tours
Ranked #135 of 856 Tours in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Asahi Treks is specializing in customer service in the Himalayas Mountains so Hospitality, Friendship and Flexibility with personal care of our valuable guest, is our motto. We are proud to offer best services inside Nepal,Tibet and Bhutan to our valuable guests locating in the tourist center of Thamel in Kathmandu, supported by a team of experienced guides, cooks, and Sherpas. Whether walking on the Himalayan foothills, trekking through the middle valleys or scaling the dizzy heights of major peaks, we take care of our guest. Asahi provides all the sensible equipment for your comfort such as, large tents, warm down sleeping bags, down jackets, mattresses etc. Our cooks are true chefs of the trail, preparing wondrous buffets to enchant the hungry travelers. We can assure you by changing a simple holiday into adventurous fascinating and memorable cultural experience to anyone.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My friends and I have recently returned from Nepal after booking a trip with Asahi.From start to finish all our needs were catered for and Kumar and Nava were extremely accommodating and helpful. The trek itself was led by our guide Kumar Adhikari who was amazing and made us feel relaxed and had our wellbeing at heart every step of the way. The trail itself took 7 days up and 3 days down and the guide was flexible when we wanted to change the route slightly and made recommendations according to our safety and to get the best possible experience. We had an amazing time and on our return to Kathmandu we were taken out to by Kumar to an original Nepalese dinner which was a great experience. When we also wanted to organise extra accommodation Nava had organised this for us and was very efficient in making sure we were happy.

If you are going to Nepal you have to get in touch with Asahi as they will cater to all your needs and you will not be disaPpointed.

2  Thank Graeme D
in 4 reviews
in 19 reviews
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I literally woke up one morning in the middle of February of 2014 and decided to go to Nepal. Having no idea what I would like to do, be it trekking, base camp or what ever. So, I had to do my research and that came in the form of YouTube videos. I learned quickly that Nepal was a beautiful country outside of the cities so, I decided on trekking the Annapurna Circuit (18-20 days). I had first planned on going solo; however, I came across a video of a Canadian who had used Asahi Treks & Expedition based in Kathmandu. I should also mention that I contacted a few American Expedition Companies and a British Company. These companies were charging from $1,800.00 (USD) per person and as much as $2,500.00 per person. When I contacted Asahi they immediately responded (Kumar-owner). For just under $1.100.00 (USD) they supplied a guild and porter. Not to mention that all of the meals (B-L-D) were also supplied each day of the trek. Trust me, you will eat the same food that these other higher priced companies offer. My guide, Bikram Khadka aka BK was great! He knew the best and cleanest "Tea Houses" to stay. He knew how to trek in the Himalayan Mountains and I really learned a lot from him. I guess what I'm really saying is if you want to go solo and trek, you can do this very easily with Asahi. You can always go solo and not hire a guide but, after figuring the price of permits, passes, food and lodging you will spend at least $1,100.00 was what I was thinking. I was in Nepal for a month so, I had a lot of free time. Kumar and BK were always there with advice and suggestions on things to do in Kathmandu and Pokhara when I arrived back from my trek. Kumar and his staff picked me up at the airport (they were there waiting even after my flight was delayed for three hours) and took me to the hotel. They also took me back to the airport when I departed. I think my next adventure will be either Tibet or Bhutan and can assure you I will use Asahi. I would suggest you check the other companies and see what they have to offer first, then contact Asahi----trust me, you will be surprised.

3  Thank George S
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I contacted Nava from Asahi Treks whilst planning my first visit to Nepal, Kathmandu and the Kumbu Valley. I was most impressed with his efficiency; always replying to my emails/questions as soon as possible. Once in Nepal, nothing was too much trouble. He organised airport pick ups, hostels, lukla flights, Kathmandu sightseeing, TIMS cards etc etc. In fact anything we needed, he sorted, even allowing us to print our boarding passes from his office before our flight home.
Nepal is a great place - the onle trouble is you come away more inspired, with more ideas for future trips and adventures - maybe Tibet, Bhutan, a few peaks maybe - whatever I know I'll use Nava as my point of contact in the future!!!!

3  Thank MickWelch
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Kumar and his team planned our entire 6-day escape in Nepal, from Kathmandu to Pokhara. We are a group of 20 people and yet, the entire trip went smoothly. We went temple running in Durbar Square, paragliding, cycling, white water rafting on the Trisuli River and sunrise trekking to the viewpoint of Sarangkot to witness one of the best sunrises I have seen in the world. Our trip will definitely be unforgettable. And we are planning to go back already. Asahi Treks made this happen. We already miss everyone!

1  Thank timeframe