“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #255 of 433 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Lamoura, France
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Welcome was pleasant, prices were corrects (we paid only 400 roupies for a double room), personal is helpful and it s located close to Thamel. We could let our bags there for 10 days for free. People there don t try everytime to sell us something, even if they sell.
What can we ask more ? We enjoyed our stay !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sandra B

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Langsisha Guest House very conveniently located between the area of ​​Thamel and Basantpur. Clean and spacious room (402), balcony, large comfortable bed with descent warm blankets, wi-fi, friendly stuff. I was really happy to stay here for five nights in January.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alkasy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I like the place. It is near to Thamel and Basantpur both. They have nice and friendly crew members. They also provide trekking services in the hotel itself, which is very handy if you are planning to have any. I totally suggest this hotel if you are looking for better place in cheaper price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Well travelled (global travel 5+yrs) age 24 Female.
Coming to the end of a big journey. Needed a place to stay for about two weeks...
Got a good deal, 400rp per night. Dbl bed including bathroom. (room 402)
There is also a separate restaurant run by different owners, I didn't eat here but admit the ice-cream they have is tasty :)) cheaper street food is avail just outside the hotel...
Hot water was so so.. better in day time not morning..as it´s solar and electric. When the power was on there is hot water - no power = no hot water ! Sometimes there is no water at all, the tap will stop running when you are already in the shower... Just gotta deal with it tho.
Comfy beds and nice roof top. (2 roof tops)
One is on the second floor with sitting area and the second is on the top floor, big open area but no tables or chairs. Was happy sitting on the ledge watching the madness go by.
Area is in Chetrapati making it an easy quick 5mins walk into Thamel. Sometimes loud busy but I found it to be ok and peaceful as it is 4-5 story's high the sound is blocked out however you can still hear the dogs and traffic at times. (Pending on the rush outside)
Staff really helpful, sometimes I came home a bit late (1..2am) I called the hotel and they unlocked the door for me pretty quickly.
Be warned of the dogs at night as they are sometimes vicious, scary and unpredictable..

Sunny also let me use their staff kitchen to put milk inside the fridge and allowed me to use the gas cooker at times if I needed to.
Pretty fast well connected Internet computer is free and also WiFi available -
I also had water re-fill (2 bottles a day) included with the rate of my room. (was arranged a time of check in, my idea as I am a hard bargainer)
When it came to pay the bill, they except credit card.. So I did just that. They bill was about 6000RP, they allowed me to pay 12,000RP and give me 6000RP in cash back so I had some more money to do some shopping before leaving to come back to Australia.

All in all - this place suited me mostly as I was looking for a place that accepts credit card payment... However I recommend finding a place upon arrival as you can find cheaper rooms. In fact I never pre-book. Finding rooms and home stays upon arrival is a much more cheaper and go with the flow freedom rather than landing somewhere and having to find an unknown area you have already pre-booked which ordeally can turn out to be ecaxtly not what you expect..
I prefer being out of Thamel as it´s not only too busy but I choose to walk everywhere and the exercise was good, but some like being in the city centre.

Again thanks for having me - very helpful friendly staff you guys !!
Thank you for letting me keep my bags there for ten days when I went to complete a volunteer meditation program and posting my prayer flags back to Australia when I realised I had left them there !!!
Namaste, Jacqueline :)

Room Tip: top floors less noisy and keeps you fit in having to use the stairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JacStar7
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 December 2012

New owners are renovating the rooms, they have a great location in Thamel and terrific staff. Rabin is a great guy and is happy to arrange whatever trek you would like and customizes it to your needs.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank alangvand
Pune
Reviewed 4 December 2012

One of the most comfortable places to stay when in Kathmandu. Very cozy and spacious rooms and the staff is hospitable. The service is excellent and I enjoyed my stay here. They have trekking and guide facilities too on request.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank treckko
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The serive is excellent. Just a minute walk from hear fo the Themal.
The price is very reasonalbe.
All the Rooms are renovated. I love to stay there again if I get a chance to visit Nepal again.
I enjoyed a lot while stayig in that hotel. Guide service also available up request. They also provide the trekking facilities as well. I did compare price for traking to Manang and found cheaper there. I saved bit of money as well.
I will recommended this hotel for you guys if you are planning to go to Nepal

Room Tip: All rooms are with A/C and with attached bathroom. Free Wi FI we well. Second floor Room is best
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo