Was travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. Soaltee is one of the good star hotels in Nepal.
- Great Pool area
- Breakfast Buffet was good
- High service standards (except for one incident)
- Great lawns
- Choice of restaurants - Chinese, Italian and India, apart from the coffe shop. We tried the Chinese, it was good
- Room service is good
- Far from Thamel area (main mkt and night life). Trip to Thamel costs NR 300 one side
- It's an old property. Don't compare this property to other new and swanky Crown Plaza's.
- Dinner buffet at the coffee shop was pricey and didn't have great variety
2 incidents that I would like to mention:
- My daughter fell ill with very high fever. At 3 am in the night we had to ruch her to the hospital. The hotel staff was very helpful in arranging the cab, calling the hospital and giving heads up to the duty doctor and sending a hotel guard with us. We really appreciate such high stds.
- The lady taking room service orders was exceptionally rude in taking orders. She even answered back to my wife in a rude manner saying she is very busy taking orders, hence can't be polite - never heard such excuse from any one at any hotel. Next day we raised this concern with the F&B Manager of the hotel, hopefully, she won't repeat it with other guests.
To end, I would like to say, if u don't mind the location must stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the natural beauty of Nepal and strive for business success at the pioneering 5-star Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee hotel.The preferred hotel for heads of states visiting Kathmandu, our 12 acres of landscaped grounds echo the mountainous beauty of the Kathmandu Valley, with vibrant gardens surrounding our open veranda. You can stroll the grounds in peace and absorb the mountain view that surrounds Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee, then drop into Rodi Bar for a celebratory drink.Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee is in peaceful Tahachal, 4 km from the palaces and temples of Durbar Square in the city centre. You're 6km from Pashupatinath Temple and 3km to Swayambhunath Stupa shrine. Tribhuvan International Airport is 8 km away.You can host stylish banquets, conventions and conferences in one of 7 elegant meeting rooms with space for 20-1,200 people. Gaze up at the mountains while you float in the pool or wind down with one of our rejuvenating therapies. You'll find Italian food at Al Fresco, Chinese at China Garden and Awadhi cuisine at our speciality Indian restaurant, Kakori and all day dining option at Garden Terrace.Ask Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee's Concierge to arrange hiking trips into the mountains and villages of Kathmandu Valley that will open up Himalayan panoramas or give you an insight into Nepali culture. When you return from your inspiring adventure, sink into your bedroom's inviting luxury sheets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, IHG, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Kathmandu-Soaltee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kathmandu
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Kathmandu