“excellent service and staffs”
Review of Hotel Annapurna

Hotel Annapurna
Ranked #64 of 202 Hotels in Kathmandu
Francin, France
“excellent service and staffs”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

i was there last week for personal work. rooms are very traditional nepali style, the heritage is very well preserved but had problem because of AC was straight to bed and very cold cannot low by own and my mother's was sick. but i informed my guide Mr. thiwari about the situation then he informed to reception. then early morning desk staff Mrs. sapana request me and my guide to check the other room and she showed the room, it was facing to poolside and was wide and Ac was effective and we change the room. Mrs Sapana is so helpful,smart,elegant and full of hospitality she even offered me breakfast in room for my mother and also sent the fruits for my mother. she even place the plastic bags, sanitary amenities, extra tissue box and sponge which i request for my mother.she helped me to collect my stuffs to the new room. as i was there for my bother funeral who stayed in Annapurna one year ago... and also the duty manger showed me the room where my bother stayed earlier, he was so kind and helpful... was emotional and familiar stay in your hotel. thank you.

Room Tip: pool side contact to Mrs sapana Foe efficient service she can help you to make your stay much more...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Isabelle M
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Annapurna !!
Thank you for your comments,I am happy to learn about your overall experience. Your ratings really means a lot to us and your comments about Ms.Sapana has been duly shared with her and has highly motivated her.
Our entire team would like to thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and I truly hope to have this privilege again.

Warm Regards,
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

loved my stay there, excellent service, perfect location, safe area, close to thamel the main tourist shopping area, yet away from the commotion. corporate rooms were very neat and newly done although a little over priced Hotel staff very courteous especially the manager, she even went out of the way to accommodate our needs. great restaurants especially the Chinese. Indian restaurant had live music every night, loved the ambiance and the food ,would definitely stay there when I go back.

Room Tip: corporate rooms are excellent but over priced
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sampurna P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Annapurna, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for the kind words you have written about our hotel. Here at Hotel Annapurna, we try to make sure that all our guests feel right at home from the moment they enter our premises, to the time they leave.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

If you love Indian style food, then you know how difficult it is to find an Indian breakfast.
The coffee shop at the Annapurna hotel has a mixed North/South Indian/Nepali buffet for breakfast every day!
Quality is very good and includes many varied items like idlis, uttapam and fresh made custom dosas as well as some basic Western items such as cereal, omletes and pastries.
In addition, travelers can go to the Yeti Airlines office in Thamel and sign up for their free dining program and get cash discounts at Annapurna Hotel (restaurants and swimming pool) as well as many other restaurants and hotels, etc. all around Kathmandu! Includes: Yak & Yeti, Anglo, Koto and many more!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to know that you were impressed with the choices for breakfast at our “Coffee Shop”. We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services.
We trust that we will be able to exceed your expectations on your future visits as well, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again

Bangalore
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Ideally located. Secure. The Chinese restaurant is just amazing. Great food and service.
The reception staff were very courteous.Only the check-in process was long.Overall a great experience and would look forward to staying there on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are delighted to know that you were impressed with the food at our Chinese restaurant “Arniko Room” and were also satisfied with your stay.
Our staffs are extremely pleased and delighted that you have acknowledged what they have done for you,while we continually strive to provide the highest standards of service and your comments are vital for us to continue improving ourselves.
On behalf of all of us at the Annapurna, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I truly hope that we may have the privilege of having you stay with us again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel is located on of the best and posh roads in Kathmandu - darbar marg which is very close to the King's palace. Nice ambience, better facilities but only problem was break-fast which was a block away and in a rainy day, it was difficult but food was good

Room Tip: Pool facing
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Kunming
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Thanks for the service and excellent atmosphere. I've stayed twice this year and enjoyed both very much with good food, clean rooms and a very friendly staff. Hema in reception is very capable, knowledgeable about the hotel services and Nepal in general, and was very helpful during my stay to make my business trip a success. I would recommend this hotel for its services, hospitality and close location to many tourist locations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan J
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 August 2013

You can't get a better location in Kathmandu if you are a tourist or a business traveler. I stayed in the standard Heritage room, which is small and ok...it needs to be renovated, as sometimes you can see ants in your bathroom. I had a problem of water leakage from the AC duct in the room, which was immediately taken care of. I complained and was upgraded to the Deluxe Room, which was fabulous and spacious.
The breakfast is good, as I being a vegetarian found a good variety of Indian (North & South) and Continental dishes. The banana cake is a stunner. The Indian restaurant also serve authentic Indian cuisines.
The CEO Mr. Mazumdar and Ms. Sampurna P, Front Office Manager were really helpful and listened to my problems and assured to sort them by my next visit. I would surely go back to Annapurna for 2 things - the Location and the personalized effort by the management and do hope to get a upgraded Deluxe room on the next visit .

Room Tip: avoid Heritage rooms and pick the Deluxe rooms only
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business