Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
  • Restaurant
The Boudha Inn(Kathmandu)
Hotel Bagmati(Kathmandu)
1,738 results
All reviewsrox restaurantclub levelboudhanath stupajogging trackclose to the airportan oasistennis courtsbeautiful hotelpool sidebit datedbreakfast buffetrooms are largebusy citytravel deskthe hustle and bustlelobbyluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The name Hyatt has already said it all. I've been frequenting this hotel since 2003 and it still looks the same, being enchanted by the tantric music at the reception area with the presence of miniaturized stupa showpieces in the centre of the hotel lobby. The rooms are simple & spacious but now looks older and with exception to some rooms / wardrobes have the stench of mildew. The hotel is still not upgrading the rooms with high technology appliances such as LED TVs. It only had a 29" Philips CRT TV which was already here when I visit 10 years ago. Breakfast is very simple, not much of choice is you're a meat lover. The Rox Bar & Restaurant is a must try although a bit pricey. But what the heck, if u can pay for a room night at Hyatt, what's to complain about for the dining costs?
Very close to hike by 5 minutes to Boudhanath Stupa. Location is nearer to airport compared to hotels around Durbar square. Not much of activities nearby except patronize the hotel casino or strolling around Boudhanath or go golfing at Gokharna Golf Club, the best in Kathmandu (over-rated course but cheap - plenty of fresh deer droppings on the fairway).
The hotel building is about 250m from the main entrance gate & this is why it is very serene and has lesser noise & air / dust pollution from the outside. Good for people needing a good night's sleep. Good security within and friendly hotel staffs overall.

Room Tip: Always get the Pool View which can also get the view of Boudhanath Stupa. Always ask for 4th floor & above. Ground floor at lobby level is 3rd floor & 1st to 2nd floor are actually basement levels.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt Regency K, Director of Marketing at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage of our hotel and its services since your stay with us since 2003. We do feel privileged to have your valuable comments for us to look at areas of improvement especially since you have seen the hotel evolve over the years. Your inputs on hotel upkeep, upgrades and review on menu options shall definitely be looked into.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Kathmandu and the serene environment that we as a hotel offer.

Best regards,
Suman Shrestha

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Did not know that staying in kathmandu could be refreshing and relaxing until we went to this hotel! Started with the superb lunch buffet, staff are very warm and attentive to our need. Coffee was superb too! We ended relaxing in one if not the cleanest pool i went to the whole city of kathmandu! The jacuzzi which is hot adds to our relaxation. I will come back again to this hotel. Towels are free to use if you swim also! My whole day was excellently satisfactory!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank nepal20
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel in interconnecting rooms for 7 days. It is a fantastic escape from Kathmandu, which is very busy, polluted and tiring. The hotel provides a free shuttle service many times a day to Durbar Square, Kathmandu. Whilst in Nepal, my family became very ill, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful - providing us with free food and calling out doctors for us. THANKYOU! There is a fantastic swimming pool (if not a little cold), outdoor jacuzzi and children's pool. The fitness centre is one of the best in any hotel I have stayed at and in the changing rooms there is a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. The rooms are pleasantly decorated and very clean. The food is brilliant also - we were given free access to the club lounge on the top floor, which is well worth it. Overall a fantastic, professional hotel that has excellent facilities and helpful staff who will try to help you with anything.

Room Tip: Try to get access to the club lounge and rooms facing the large stupa and the city of Kathmandu
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IanASH442
Hyatt Regency K, Director of Marketing at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience post your stay with us. I do hope the family is healthy again and we are happy to have assisted in any way possible especially as when one is sick one needs to take precautions when travelling.

We have noted your feedback on finding our facilities and services to your liking and I do hope we can have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Suman Shrestha
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 19 August 2013

There is no doubt that when you arrive you feel like you are about to enter a slice of shangri-la. The entrance and foyer is beautifully done. The welcome drink was much appreciated as well.As others have commented though, the rooms are a little tired and could do with an update. We stayed here twice during our holiday as we went off to Pokhara for a few days before returning to Kathmandu and the Hyatt Regency.
On our first stay our guide did the check in for us, and we were allocated an ok room, but it didn't overlook the stoupa so I was a little bit disappointed. I was surprised to see the room still had the old style televisions and not flatscreens. The bathroom was lovely though, and I miss that shower....one of the best I have ever had! On our second stay, when I mentioned at check in that I was a member of the Hyatt's loyalty scheme and they punched in the details we were instantly offered an upgrade to a Club room for $55 a night, which got us a room with a stoupa view, access to the Club lounge, free wifi, access to the spa facilities etc. A pretty good deal we thought, so we did it. The room was exactly the same as the other one though (apart from the great view this time), not even a bowl of fruit or upgraded amenities. Oh, and the corridor smelt like cat wee. No big issue really. And actually, when we checked out, they didn't even charge us for the upgrade, so we were happy with that!
Breakfast was good, although there were no eggs, due to a bird flu outbreak in the area. I admire the hotel was being cautious about this as many other restaurants in Kathmandu were still serving eggs and chicken. Good efficient service. We tried the Rox on a couple of occasions for dinner and both times the food we had was good, if a bit overpriced. the Rox bar was dead though, which was a shame. However, when we went there, there was no one in there, so we decided to play pool. Then about 30 minutes later two guys came up and put their pool cues down to go next! Seems the pool table is popular then....but even that was not straight, and there was no chalk.
The pool area is nice, I've seen better service at other places but it was fine. The only thing was I felt quite intimidated as a woman, as there seemed to be a lot of groups of men there when I went down (with my husband) who liked to stare... a lot.... and I wasn't even undressed to my swimmers at the time!
The Club lounge is great. Get in there if your room rate allows. And the foyer bar area is also lovely. Had a lovely pot of 'proper' English Breakfast tea at the end of our stay which was heaven after a week of drinking dishwater tea!

Room Tip: Go for a stoupa view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is supposed to the top of the line in Kathamndu. It isn't it is old tired and a little dirty.
If you get a good rate it might be ok to stay here but I would think that there are better deals out there.
Breakfast and restaurants are good. Maybe expensive but good.
Rooms are boring and worn out.
The pool is good an nice.
Hotel quite far away from any action.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business