“Excellent Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my best ever stay at a hotel and the longest ever. I've stayed there for 45 nights in a row and can ensure that the level of service I got here is much more superior to the service I had had in other even fancy places around Europe. The personnel is very polite and attentive, they are all the time keeping an eye on you to serve. Amazing!
Regarding the facility, it can be the only true resort area for some rest. There is a pool, in the back attended by many foreigners from around Kathmandu. Was said this is one of the two best maintained pools in the city. There is a club with gym and spa. Sauna and the steam is always appropriate for your visit, I enjoyed it!. There is green all around and you feel yourself in another world comparing to what's outside. Definitely!
Almost every day there is something in the convention center - receptions, weddings, etc. There is Rox Restaurant there but take care as it is more expensive than the common restaurant. You can have there one of the best double espresso in Kathmandu. Be carefully with the keys, mine were demagnetized at least once a week. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the city center 5 or 6 times a day but not way back, only one way, be careful.
So, there is a lot to say about it, but you better feel it by yourself.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room 450, side yard view, each evening with pigeons at the window, quiet except neig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for making Hyatt Regency Kathmandu your home away from home. I am especially happy to read that we were able to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards that we pride ourselves on. Your appreciation about the associates is very encouraging and I shall share the same with the team. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused in regards to the key card. On the other hand, I appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback recognizing our services .

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pretty good with a huge reception and the lobby area. The rooms are small and could have been better. The internet is pretty highly priced for the amount you are paying. Good fitness centre and affable staff. Overall a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your appreciation about the reception and lobby area. Kindly note, our rooms measuring 36 square meters, larger than any other hotel in our category offers in Kathmandu. Indeed, the internet is offered at a price, however we do offer complimentary wireless internet facilities for our Regency Club and Suite guests. Also, we have free internet on a workstation in the business center for our guests to check their emails and our Rox Bar is a free wifi zone, while all other areas of hotel have wireless access at a designated charge.

Your appreciation about the fitness centre and the staff is very encouraging and I shall share this with the team . I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and look forward to your return visit in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed with a group of friends as part of a tour - the lobby is certainly impressive but the rooms are very average, the beds very hard, internet overpriced and restaurant food again just average.

The location is out of town - so although handy for the airport a real pain to get to and from the downtown ( and more interesting ) Kathmandu.

Sure it's a '5*' hotel but my advice would be to chose somewhere more central with more personality!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charleyquant
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your appreciation of the hotel.

Kindly note we do offer complimentary wireless internet facilities for our Regency Club and Suite guests. Also, we have free internet on a workstation in the business center for our guests to check their emails and our Rox Bar is a free wifi zone, while all other areas of hotel have wireless access at a designated charge.

Although the hotel is a distance from the city center, it does offer a serene and tranquil environment for our guests, particular to escape the chaos & pollution after a day in town. To make the transportation into town convenient we do offer a city shuttle service six times a day to our guests looking to venture down town.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and is extremely well appointed. It has it's own private grounds which are like an oasis from the hustle, bustle, smell and dirt, that is Kathmandu.
It has great restaurants and bars and the executive level lounge is outstanding. Food was always plentiful. The staff constantly strived to please.
Unfortunately many of the people at our conference became ill and we then discovered that the seals were broken on the water bottles, leaving them suspect for being refilled with local water. Please ensure that you use purification tabs in ALL the water you drink. Including that supplied in the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob W
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive response about our property, the restaurants, food offered and your experience of our Regency Club floor and respective associates. It was our pleasure to have made your stay memorable.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the water bottle, however I can guarantee that we do not re-fill any water bottles. We have investigated the same a short time ago, plastic seals being removed as they are very tight and difficult to remove.

I appreciate the time you have taken to write your experience and I am looking forward welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

For the price of $259/night, the cost was not worth it. It was not what I expected from an internationally known chain such as the Hyatt. I originally booked for 2 nights but my flight got cancelled. I was forced to stay in this place for 5 nights. I stayed on the Gold floor and the service not was good at all. They had the same food for breakfast every single day. The staff was not knowledgeable about anything. The rooms were old and very much out dated with an odor to match. There were two other restaurants, of which one had all day dining. Again, for the price paid and the fact that there was only two proteins, it wasn't worth the cost. However, the Italian Restaurant, where I had a beer and a pizza was quite delightful. Also, the pool/hot tub was nice. Despite these two exceptions, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: No good rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trinimc
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback post your stay with us.

Kindly accept my personal apology for the short fall in service you experienced. Indeed we do not change the breakfast buffet daily, but rotating individual dishes. Could you kindly let me know via email to patrick.iserlohe@hyatt.com the dates you stayed with us as I than indeed can identify the training need of individual associates in our Regency Club.

I appreciate your positive comment about the Rox restaurant and the pool. I do hope that we can welcome once again to Hyatt Regency Kathmandu in the future to allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the hospitality you can expect from us.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel has probably the best location, extensive grounds, wonderfully local architecture but lets everything go for a waste.

it probably is, like most other hotels in Nepal, suffering from an over active and politically motivated staff union but the service is appalling

not that the lumpy bed makes anything better or the breakfast...

the breakfast area did not only have an AC that didn't work but frequently had dishes or condiments empty which then took forever to refill.

if i were a Hyatt inspector i would come here and watch my brand die.

Room Tip: i wouldnt know...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback ! Your compliment about the hotel and it’s local architecture is very appreciating. Indeed we have our fair share of workforce interruption, which makes it at times impossible to deliver what you can rightly expect. I apologize for this indeed and I am very sorry.

I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Hyatt Regency Kathmandu in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality we are known for.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was very disappointed .i stayed in the hotel in early June for attending a wedding .
I have stayed in many Hyatt properties and I am fully aware of what is Hyatt standard .my wife first response as soon she entered the room ,is this Hyatt hotel?
Room was musty ,the side of the bed was torn, there was dampness in the room.
We opened the window ,the entire garden was full of feathers of pigeon.
In the room Polish is run down.there is no international plug for charging. There is no charging facility next to the writing table or bed.the one in toilet is broken.
In my opinion there is a complete breakdown of sop and accountability of the team running the hotel . In future I will probably not take the next stay at any Hyatt hotel for granted ,looking at the poor upkeep of the current property,
I was supposed to stay for two nights ,however I left the hotel ,and stayed with a friend of mine.
Breakfast was good

Room Tip: Unless they improve avoidable property
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! Kindly accept my personal apology for your experience, indeed the hotel is now fourteen years old and needs consistent maintenance to upkeep the same until the renovation eventuates. However, there is no need that the bed is torn or a plug not functioning. If you would be willing to provide the room number you were staying in so we can provide extra training for the associate that serviced your room during your stay, please do so by e-mailing at patrick.iserlohe@hyatt.com and I shall ensure a situation such as you experienced does not happen again in the future.

Your stay was not a flawless experience we aim to provide to each and every one of our guests, and for this I truly apologize. On a positive note, I am glad that you liked the breakfast. I sincerely hope to welcome you again in the not too distant future to ensure you have great experience.