“Great place to stay”

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights and it was amazing. Their lobby area, as well as the decor are excellent. I ate at the Cafe mostly. And enjoyed their foods to the fullest. Internet speed was a problem at times, even though I was using the cheapest plan, it is not acceptable. Otherwise friendly staff, cozy environmental, literally living in history with a museum inside the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt Regency K, Director of Marketing at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted to hear that your stay with us was “Amazing” . Your appreciation about the lobby décor , the food at the Cafe and the positive interaction from our associate is very encouraging for us to strive to continue to offer our guest with authentic hospitality.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the issue with the internet connection during your stay with us . I shall share your comments with our service provider to ensure other guests do not experience the same problems. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to Kathmandu.

Suman Shrestha
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 6 July 2014

After climbing to Everest Base Camp this was a nice way to finish off an amazing journey. Located 10 minutes away from KTM airport, this hotel sits a little away from the hustle and bustle of the city and streets. Very clean and massive, the Hyatt rooms are bigger than any rooms you'll stay in America. With 20+ foot ceiling, king size beds, plasma TV's, and amazing bathrooms without a hole in the ground:) The cost is about $160-180 a night which was a little high being in a third world country. The food is probably the best Kathmandu has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback! I do hope you had a memorable experience at the Everest Base Camp. We, at the hotel appreciate your positive comments on our services and facilities. It is our aim to make our guests comfortable so it is a real pleasure to read how much you liked the hotel. Your appreciation about the food is very encouraging.

Thank you once again and we do hope we can have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Nepal for your next expedition.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I did not feel i got worth what i paid for. I paid for a 5 star hotel but got an old 3 star room. The headboard and the bed werent clean.. a big NO for me. My friends stayed at the Tibet hotel nearby and thier room while smaller gave me the impression that they were cleaner. The mattress was dissapointing so were the pillows. the furniture was dirty with stains on the upholstery. the curtains looked old and not well kept. the breakfast was good and also we had a lunch buffet one day which was quite good as well. the lobby area while quite dark and empty had a charming section in the middle with traditional nepali decor. one evening there was a 5 piece traditional nepali band playing when i entered the lobby, definitely a good touch. Bottomline is they need to improve the quality of the rooms. Location is that great either as its far away from the happening center

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank ineedsoftbeds
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hi ... I was on a business trip and was very disappointed with the morning breakfast served in the hotel. We were 8 employees on a business trip. The sales manager and the team knew that we were coming there ... in spite they did not make sure that all rooms were cleaned and kept ready for us at arrival. I had water clogging in the bath room and on request was changed. As it was a first time they should have taken more care and attention to detail ... Which did not happen .... I don't think I would recommend any one to stay here.

To sum up ... Yes one good thing is that the surrounding of the hotel is very nice .... Surrounded with greenery.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mamta_Mujawar
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the water clogging in your bathroom, however, I am surprised to learn that your rooms were not available upon check in. Indeed it is difficult to prepare authentic South Indian cuisine in Nepal to individual palates. Your feedback on the services will definitely be shared with the respective team members for further improvement. We should certainly have met you upon arrival and we fell very well short. I am very sorry for this. On a positive note, thank you for your appreciation about the hotel’s surrounding and we look forward to delight you with our enhancements on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my best ever stay at a hotel and the longest ever. I've stayed there for 45 nights in a row and can ensure that the level of service I got here is much more superior to the service I had had in other even fancy places around Europe. The personnel is very polite and attentive, they are all the time keeping an eye on you to serve. Amazing!
Regarding the facility, it can be the only true resort area for some rest. There is a pool, in the back attended by many foreigners from around Kathmandu. Was said this is one of the two best maintained pools in the city. There is a club with gym and spa. Sauna and the steam is always appropriate for your visit, I enjoyed it!. There is green all around and you feel yourself in another world comparing to what's outside. Definitely!
Almost every day there is something in the convention center - receptions, weddings, etc. There is Rox Restaurant there but take care as it is more expensive than the common restaurant. You can have there one of the best double espresso in Kathmandu. Be carefully with the keys, mine were demagnetized at least once a week. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the city center 5 or 6 times a day but not way back, only one way, be careful.
So, there is a lot to say about it, but you better feel it by yourself.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room 450, side yard view, each evening with pigeons at the window, quiet except neig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback and for making Hyatt Regency Kathmandu your home away from home. I am especially happy to read that we were able to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards that we pride ourselves on. Your appreciation about the associates is very encouraging and I shall share the same with the team. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused in regards to the key card. On the other hand, I appreciate the time you have taken to write your feedback recognizing our services .

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pretty good with a huge reception and the lobby area. The rooms are small and could have been better. The internet is pretty highly priced for the amount you are paying. Good fitness centre and affable staff. Overall a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your appreciation about the reception and lobby area. Kindly note, our rooms measuring 36 square meters, larger than any other hotel in our category offers in Kathmandu. Indeed, the internet is offered at a price, however we do offer complimentary wireless internet facilities for our Regency Club and Suite guests. Also, we have free internet on a workstation in the business center for our guests to check their emails and our Rox Bar is a free wifi zone, while all other areas of hotel have wireless access at a designated charge.

Your appreciation about the fitness centre and the staff is very encouraging and I shall share this with the team . I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and look forward to your return visit in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed with a group of friends as part of a tour - the lobby is certainly impressive but the rooms are very average, the beds very hard, internet overpriced and restaurant food again just average.

The location is out of town - so although handy for the airport a real pain to get to and from the downtown ( and more interesting ) Kathmandu.

Sure it's a '5*' hotel but my advice would be to chose somewhere more central with more personality!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charleyquant
Hyatt Regency K, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kathmandu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and your appreciation of the hotel.

Kindly note we do offer complimentary wireless internet facilities for our Regency Club and Suite guests. Also, we have free internet on a workstation in the business center for our guests to check their emails and our Rox Bar is a free wifi zone, while all other areas of hotel have wireless access at a designated charge.

Although the hotel is a distance from the city center, it does offer a serene and tranquil environment for our guests, particular to escape the chaos & pollution after a day in town. To make the transportation into town convenient we do offer a city shuttle service six times a day to our guests looking to venture down town.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.