1,366 results
All reviews chimney restaurant casino royale durbar marg tennis courts swimming pool business center club floor breakfast buffet the heart of the city old palace business trip royal palace heritage hotel garden view an oasis new wing rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group. I found that on both occassions the room that I had looked very tired, and could do with a make over. I ate in both restaurants and found that the food was of a good standrd, the service in the bar and the restaurants was good if not a little slow. The location of this hotel is excellant for walking around the city. Would I stay again not sure, but proberbly not.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is well located in a relatively quite spot. By western standards it's probably seen better days and is now looking a little tired, but by local standards it's still perfectly serviceable and for the odd night I would have no qualms staying here. We thought the quality of the food at breakfast was good and if anything slightly better than the evening buffet offering.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker then make sure you ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We stayed here on the first and last days of our holiday to Nepal. The reception and public areas were very impressive but the bedrooms were tired and dated. I had a bath on the first night and the water did not drain away because the plughole was full of hair. The room was very hot and we were unable to open the window and the air conditioning was not working. This was for both rooms we had. The food is very good and the location is excellent for walking round the local streets.

Room Tip: Have a back room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank minispud
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Very nice room, good service, nice setting, good location. In a big, generally dirty and overcrowded city, this was a very nice oasis. Our first room, a standard room on the ground floor, was a little musty. Upon complaint, we were cheerfully moved to a junior suite on the 6th floor at no additional cost. Breakfasts were included and good. I suspect this hotel has enjoyed grander days, but it is very nice and far better than most accommodations we encountered throughout Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.

Room Tip: Our first room smelled a little musty. We asked to be moved and were quickly and cheerfully upgraded to a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Very welcoming and had good friendly staff rooms were clean and changed daily,i found the breakfast good enough.I have not had dinner there but my friends said it was good.My only complaint was that the bar had no athmosphere and you need to get receipts for your drinks as not to lead to problems later with change.Overall i liked it very central and i would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for room upstairs at the back looking at the garden its quieter and larger suits.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends