“Island of calm in Kathmandu”
Review of Hotel Yak & Yeti

Hotel Yak & Yeti
Ranked #57 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here before our trek and after. The hotel stored our bags while we trekked with professionalism. Spotless property. Gorgeous shops in hotel lobby. Older architecture added to the charm. Friendly staff at desk and the bellmen - everyone greeting us and making sure our stay was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky F
Shejey, Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear such a wonderful comment.

It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. We hope you visit us again on your next potential visit.

Best regards,

Shejey Agyitsang

Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is located in the centre of Kathmandu, near to Thamel district and the airport. It was an old palace which was converted into a hotel. It is situated in a quiet part of town. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are of average size. The hotel provides airport transfer on arrival and departure free of charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool and the garden.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Azizi A
Shejey, Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such a detailed feedback on your stay with Hotel Yak & Yeti.

It was a pleasure having you with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Room condition is big. Furniture is butiful. But bedding has some bad smell. I request to change its and changed all bedding. But still smell.
Breakfast is poor for hotel class.
And i lost money in room. It's small money but i feel bad. I told it to hotel manager. He say to me that ask to employees.
But he not answer yet and he doubt me that use the money or kept the other place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Firstly, we would like to apologize for this very rare case to have happened at our hotel. We could further identify the main issue, had you provided which room you had stayed in.

We are unable to comment on the issue of lost items due to ambiguity, but we have a 0% tolerance on misplaced items with out staff.

We have contacted all the necessary departments regarding your issue and it will be dealt with, with the highest priority.

We would like thank you for staying with us, and once again apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been to Kathmandu on several occasions and most times I stay in the backpackers district but after a week and a half in the rural central Nepal, the Yak and Yeti was worth the splurge. The hotel is still in a good area to walk to most things in Nepal but can feel like a world away from what can be a loud, dusty, and congested city. Service was great (they helped book us an Everest flight tour at a great price and allowed us to keep our bags there overnight for free when we ventured off to nearby Bhaktapur) and I thought it was very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and gardens
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt M
Shejey, Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review on your most recent stay at Hotel Yak & Yeti. We are pleased to hear your appreciation of our quiet and relaxing atmosphere amidst being located in central Kathmandu.

We would love to welcome you back here again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was the most confused soul to book the hotel in Kathmandu since it was my first visit and read various mixed reviews about all the five star properties. Booked my hotel at 2 AM in the night and had to catch the fight at 1(afternoon) the next day. Narrowed the decision to 2 hotels - Annapurna and Yak and Yeti and thankfully chose the latter. As my trip went by I kept loving my decision. Check-in was very quick with the smiling front office staff who upgraded us to a suite, which was a lovely welcome to us. The suite was spic and span and overlooked the lawns and the pool. Wi-fi worked fine and is free with the room tariff (it just works on one device though). I misplaced my password and the business centre kindly helped me with the same.

The Best Bit - was the casino - Casino Royale - surely not the bond's casino royale but still kept the charm of the name. Filled with people me and my friend had a splendid time playing Black Jack and Little Kitty , not to forget the countless coins I lost and countless my friend won. Some of the dancers were really pretty and danced amazingly on bollywood numbers :)

The buffet was average not expanse but enough and hot. I will not say it was bad but would like to mention that croissants and tea were really nice.

The location of the hotel is at the right spot Durbar road and very close to Thamel. I was happy to be back on Dubar road after having bought variety of tea from Thamel and eating dimsums.

My entire weekend was spent wonderfully and the main reason was my hotel. I went to Casino Anna but was totally disappointed by the people in there and the layout. The staff and the manager at casino royale also always recognised the guests and gave us good welcome whenever we were at the casino. Made friends there who moved to Yak and Yeti on our recommendation from Hyatt.

Well whenever I go back again , I will book it once again on the hotels website. The only drawback or feedback would be for the hotel to offer some counters for the casino to resident guests .. Thanks

Room Tip: lawn facing rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jazneet
Shejey, Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Greetings!

Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review on your stay at Hotel Yak & Yeti. We are very glad you chose us and that decision did not go in vain despite the mix reviews you might have encountered.

We hope you visit us again during the spring time when our garden appears even more beautiful.

Thank you for choosing Hotel Yak & Yeti.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Really feel at home here. The masala tea is a must. Just ask them ready made Chai and you'll be pleased. Enjoy a cool waok at the Garden and you will love the tranquility there for sure. Anyways just make sure that your bed has been clear of bugs

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank brajan

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. As per your comment on the beds regarding insects, this is a very rare occurrence. Our house keeping staff are always on duty for any assistance our guests may need.

Nonetheless, we apologize that you had this particularly uncommon experience. We still hope that you visit us again so we can deliver an excellent stay at Hotel Yak & Yeti.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

we spent our first anniversary there and we're welcomed like honey mooner.
we were very well looked after and the staff was very warm and courteous.
The room was very good and so was the bath room.
we had a garden view.
breakfast was good.
it was in a lane on the main road and every other important place was close by. We even got a return present from the hotel which was a warm shawl made in Nepal.
had a great nice 1st anniversary.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Venudhingra

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our garden facing rooms and the buffet breakfast during your special 1st anniversary.

We hope you have further wonderful moments and visit our hotel upon your next possible visit.