1,365 results
All reviews chimney restaurant casino royale durbar marg tennis courts swimming pool business center club floor breakfast buffet the heart of the city old palace business trip royal palace heritage hotel garden view an oasis new wing rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on the Club floor at the Yak and Yeti. The room was very nice with amenities to make one's arrival special. The staff service, hospitality, and kindness was above and beyond anything for which I could have hoped. If on the Club floor, please greet my favorite staff member Bhakti (Raj Bharati)! I have traveled to Nepal many times and stayed in many hotels. This experience has encouraged me to splurge and make the Club floor at the Yak and Yeti my Nepal home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Thalimeal
General M, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at our hotel. It is wonderful to see you enjoyed the facility and your overall experience was good.
Again, Thank you so much for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome back to our beautiful hotel sometimes very soon.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Very well located near main street in Katmandu, shopping and restaurants all around, staff is very kind. WiFi should be complimmentary, the furniture looks old. For breakfast ther is buffet, for lunch or dinner there is also buffet or other preparations.

Room Tip: be patient with internet
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Diego Andrés B
General M, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Mr. Andres,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad that you overall liked our hotel. We take pride on our associates who work hard and train hard every single day to ensure exceptional services to all guests.

I am really sorry, that we could not meet your expectation regarding the internet. We are offering also rates including WiFi. We are also working for the replacement and maintenance of the old furniture.

Again, Thank you so much for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel sometimes very soon.

With appreciation,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Very good, but it is getting wear-off, it requires renovation to become a luxury hotel. I think the quality price should be a bit better. The friendship and kindness of the staff, like in the whole Nepal, the best

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Enrique O
General M, General Manager at Hotel Yak & Yeti, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Enrique O,

Namaste and a very warm greetings from Hotel Yak & Yeti!

We are very pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel.

Please be informed that half of the hotel was put into renovation on 2016 and we will continue the renovation in the days ahead.

Upon your next visit to Hotel Yak & Yeti, please ask to meet me personally to ensure your stay a comfort and memorable one.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the days ahead.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We stayed on the 4th floor which is the Executive floor. Bhakta is the concierge/butler for this floor and is EXCELLENT! I think if it wasn't for him I would have given the over all rating as a 1.

Main reception - without fail, EVERY time I was served the staff would take a telephone call or start a conversation between themselves with no word to me of reason or pardon. As a Westerner this is intensely rude! The added insult at these times were the reception staff doing nothing who could have very easily taken these calls!!! That is just wrong!

And then there was the Nirvana Spa!!! Seriously!!! That was closer to Hades than Nirvana!

The ridiculous coupon system in place before your massage, should have given my husband and I the heads up! You book your massage, you go to main reception and collect a voucher, which is all hand written out, then you go to the "spa" reception and hand this over, you are then given a locker key and so your road to hell begins!

Into the ladies changing room to undress under the very watchful eye of the female "therapist". I was told to keep my bra and knickers on (I understand the latter, but the former seemed unusual).

She then ushered me into a room off the locker area and told me to get onto the couch. There were two doors into this room - I soon found out the other door led to the men's locker room, as the men in the changing room seemed to be having a farting competition! Nice!

The room itself was windowless, hot and stuffy with no air condition, just a fan. The couch was rock hard and had no face hole!

No questions were asked about what I wanted or any medical issues, she just started trying to crack my spine - NOT GOOD! I instantly asked her to stop! She's not a chiropractor or an osteopath! Anyone with any massage training knows you DO NOT do this!!! Then she got the oil, I had repeatedly said at this point "no oil" but still she tried to get oil on me, after 15 minutes of her fumbling around on my back and arms I called a stop to the "massage", I could have had a better massage letting one of the stray street dogs walk on my back!

She called in a 2nd "therapist", he started work on me. He did the same as the woman, and tried to pop my spine - I asked him to stop! He carried on! I turned side ways and insisted he stop, he got the oil - I said no! It was like Ground Hog day, but with a man instead of a woman.

Then he did his coup de grace and used his full force on my left elbow to pop it. I nearly thumped him! The pain shot down my arm and I stopped the massage.

What should have been a 90 minute, oil free Shiatsu massage ended up as a 45 minute torture which has left me with an acute case of Tennis elbow in my left arm!

These people were BADLY trained, if at all, they had NO idea what they were doing and as I said to the duty manager, after I had calmed down, they were utterly DANGEROUS!

If this is their idea of a spa, they need to go and look at some others - this place is NOT fit for purpose! IT SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT use the spa!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JRStanbrook
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed in a suite, lovely setup, spacious and gracious, on the Club Floor. Checkin was fast and professional and easy, and our rooms are beautiful.

Our rates included breakfast, happy hour, and WiFi; WiFi speed was decent to excellent.

Breakfast and happy hour were served in the Fourth Floor Club Lounge on the Club Floor. Both were a definite plus (included in the Club Floor rate) and the happy hour table was enough to make a dinner.

The Club Concierge was fantastic and introduced me to a local scotch whiskey (Nepal is surprisingly wonderful for local beer and scotch and, I hear, a millet wine similar to sake, although we did not try it.) I took a picture of the whiskey for you.

The Chimney Restaurant was closed for renovations, so can’t comment.

The main restaurant was quite good; went twice and liked my meal so much I had the same thing the second time; the wait staff remembered us and our order, a sign of highest quality service.

Centrally located in the main district. An ‘oasis’ from the hustle and bustle of modern Katmahndu, an exciting place, to be sure.

It is a genuine resort, with beautiful tranquil grounds and highest quality service and facilities. Highly recommended. We loved it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Carlick

Dear Carlick,

Namaste and a very warm greetings from Hotel Yak & Yeti!

We are very pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel.

Thank you highlighting our service and facilities.

Best Regards,