US$140
US$136
Agoda.com
Hotel Shanker(Kathmandu)
US$68
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Gokarna Forest Resort(Kathmandu)
US$150
US$120
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$68
US$308
US$268
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms overlookingdusty roada bit tiredshort stayan oasisthamel areatourist districtthree nightsplenty of hot watervaluableschannelsshangrikettle
Reviewed 29 May 2017

A bit off the dusty road and with a garden on two sides, this hotel is an oasis in crammed Kathamndu. And they have a pool.
Not a luxury place but nice staff in the dining room, and a decent breakfast. Rooms are a bit tired, and would benefit from a restauration. But still a place worth the stay and the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides face a garden, both sides are quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Stayed here at start / end of tour of Nepal. Breakfast buffet was acceptable but other meals were very poor, and the staff attitude was not very helpful. Curtain fell off curtain rail; others in the group complained of showers not functioning, TVs not working etc. Early morning noise from construcition work opposite the back of the hotel (pool side).

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms overlook the garden - a much nicer outlook than the even numbered rooms which overlook the pool
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Stayed at this hotel twice whilst arriving and departing Kathmandu found it very tired in need of a makeover.The shower didn't work on both occasions , the paintwork needed a good clean the bath was chipped. The food was very mediocre and on occasions cold. I can only wish the room cleaners were as keen on cleaning as they were on collecting a tip. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I visited Kathmandu with a group of about 10 people in an organised friends' trip. When we contacted the agency to book us a good hotel in the city centre, they told us that Malla Hotel was one of the best, if not the best, hotel in Kathmandu. This turned out to be absolutely the opposite.
We payed around 150 euro each to stay at Malla for each night, and every single night was an incremental disappointment. The rooms are spacious and relatively clean but the furniture and equipment (air conditioning, TV, etc.) was very old and in bad shape. I stayed at Malla for 6 days, and there wasn't a single day in which I had a shower and the water didn't intensively smell like iron and soil with a very brown colour. I repeat, all the water I saw running in the rooms is brown. Do not drink it or brush your teeth with it. You are paying very good money to ingest brown water.
Our regime included breakfast at the hotel. This turned out to be very precarious as well. The food trays were always ridiculously empty, considering the big size of trays and the small amount of food in it.
Regarding technological matters, not only free internet was not included for the price you have to pay to stay at Malla, but you had to pay 2 euros for every hour that you spent on the internet.
Overall experience, I plan to go back to Kathmandu because it's a beautiful place, but I will never return to Malla Hotel. During the days I spent there I browsed for a few other hotel options and asked around for prices and saw the rooms they offered and you have way better hotel options with much more cheap prices in the city. Do not get caught in between of this touristica scam.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed here as part of a package, 3 days at the beginning and 2 at the end of a tour in Nepal. I was in rooms 514 and 510.
Room 514 had the curtain falling off, every time I drew the curtain a hook fell off, by the end of the stay it was on 5 hooks.
The hotel is quiet, I didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms. Most of the staff are friendly and hard working. The air con is good, we had one sweaty night before we realised it is contolled by a remote and NOT the gadget on the wall - a notice to this effect would be helpful.
In Room 514 the shower head is a trickle. Washing hair under these types of shower is a challenge. The bathroom is very dark indeed.
Service can be very slow and innacurate. One of our party waited an hour at dinner and then served the wrong item. One breakfast waiter was almost hilariously surly. These are exceptions.
Wifi is poor, it is free in the lobby but very hit and miss.
I went to the spa, although the foot massage was excellent the hygiene is not, the covers on the bed were grubby and in holes and the walls could have done with a clean and lick of paint. I was amazed that feet were not washed before the massage - Kathmandu is a very dusty place.
There was one very bad note which I don't feel reflects the overall standard of the hotel. On our return I agreed (after being approached) to another foot massage - £12 for 30 minutes. Afterwards the lady suddenly and abruptly said we owed 500 rupees (£4)_for tea we had had on our previous stay and not paid for ! We were both absolutely speechless and shocked at this. It sounded unlikely but we had no way of proving it as we were not handed any chits we had signed. It left a very bad feeling - very unprofessional especially as out of a group of 18 I was the only one who had any treatments in the spa.
From the hotel it is easy walking distance to many good restaurants, souks etc.
There are two gardens, one by the pool, both with tables and chairs, however both overlooked by the hotel windows.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple