Alobar1000 Hostel
US$106
US$76
US$68
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$202
US$298
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barsocial areaprivate rooms areshare experiencesmeet other travellerscommon roombed dormground floorhot waterlocation is greatbackpackersnepalsolotrekkingpowermattressesheart
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The staff and people at Alobar are wonderful. I met so many wonderful people and friends there. I met my trekking group in Alobar. It is a great place to go if you are a solo traveler and want to meet people or to find people to trek with. It has an upstairs bar which is great and a nice place to relax during the day. This is the only true hostel that I found in Nepal. I used Alobar 1000 as my home base for when I travelled around Nepal. It was like coming home every time I left and came back. The stuff were happy to see me again and remembered my name. It is truly a home away from home. I wish them all the best in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Alobar1000 is a pleasant and clean place to stay. Rooms and bathrooms are sanitary, the ambience is comfortable, and you'll meet interesting guests in the lobby. It's on the edge of Thamel, so it can be difficult to find on your own the first time, but is only a few minutes walk from restaurants, bars and shops. They will help organize activities and transport to and from the airport at a good price if you need.

When we stayed, inclement weather had prevented many guests from leaving, so our reservations were split up, but we were all accommodated.

Inexpensive, nice breakfast on the roof.

Would happily stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great n safe location. Warm staffs creating a family atmosphere. Everyone n guests all know each other. There's even cooking class.
Best of all there's airport transfer once arrived. This is not expected from hostels throughout the world.
For my 3 nights stay, i stayed at their double rooms .too bad its just a transit for me .will definitely stay there again if i have a full nepal trip . totally satisfied. No complains at all.
Cece
From Singapore

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Awesome place to stay! I would highly recommend It to literally anyone! The owner Tashi and his fellow staff Ohm, Chong, Harvey and all the rest are awesome! The rooftop atmosphere and had cheap and good food! Clean sleeping quarters, lockers provided, towels to rent, excursion desk, and much more! You won't find any better in all of Nepal!
Victor

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Alobar1000 is just fantastic place to be with!! Well, as i was not aware of Nepal somehow the staff from Alobar 1000 didn't let me feel alone i feel between a family there, as they were all so friendly i must say as well their travelling tips from Travel Desk is just amazing specially from Nikky and the Dal Bhat power adventure's Specialist, looking forward to meet you guys soon......

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo