“Comfortable hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Tibet

Hotel Tibet
Ranked #41 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the Hotel Tibet with a friend while exploring Kathmandu. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location was great, and the food was excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and some rooms have a balcony. The hotel also offers a Meditation Room which is great to utilize while searching for inner peace. The only downside is that you have to pay for wi-fi, but there is a computer room you can use for free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sara C
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Sara,
Greetings from Hotel Tibet,
Thank you very much for preferring to stay at the Hotel Tibet during your recent visit to Kathmandu. We would like to kindly acknowledge your motivational feedbacks about the hotel and it's facilities. Also, we would like to suggest you to book us online next time so that we can offer you free internet facilities.Your reviews will be kindly shared with all of our personnel. We look forward to your next visit in Hotel Tibet!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Back to Hotel Tibet, which never disappoints ! Had a wonderful buffet lunch on the veranda, so many choices there is a real risk of eating too much ... the staff is friendly and accommodating, nothing is too much trouble. Didn't get to see the new Yeti bar on the roof, a good excuse to go back soon ! Oh - don't miss the Shambhala spa, spotless and wonderful, with a good range of services and delightful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tica B
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Tica,
Thank you very much for taking out your precious time to write your wonderful experience time and again. It's our pleasure to offer you good service and hospitable environment every time you visit Hotel Tibet. We would like to genuinely thank you again for appreciating the services and amenities of our hotel. Your reviews will be kindly shared with all of my colleagues and our entire team of restaurant as well as Spa. We look forward to your next visit in Hotel Tibet!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Thank you to all staff members for making my brother wedding so special by providing excellent service.If you are looking for clean room,best location and good restaurants for good price this is the hotel you want to be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Mina,
Thank you very much for your motivating feedback. We are very happy that you had a wonderful function in Hotel Tibet. We would like to sincerely thank you again for acknowledging the standard of our hotel and praising the location and restaurants of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit in Hotel Tibet.

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights before and after my mountaineering trek; and the hotel was kind enough to hold a duffel bag for me in the intervening three weeks. One of best value hotels, clean rooms, basic but good bathrooms and a decent quiet location. It has outdoor but shaded dining area with a decent selection of food. If I am not staying in Thamel, I'd stay here every time I am in Kathmandu.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear incognito6174
Greetings from Hotel Tibet,
Thank you for taking your precious time to share your positive reviews on Trip Advisor. It was pleasure to have you as a guest in our Hotel and would sincerely appreciate your encouraging feedback on your recent stay in Hotel Tibet. Your feedback will be kindly shared with all of my colleagues and our entire team would be more than happy to have you in Hotel Tibet again. we look forward to your next visit in our hotel soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent 20 days here in late spring of 2014. First, a word about the staff. Karma, who works at the front desk, is one of the nicest, kindest, friendliest, and most professional hotel employees I've ever encountered. But everyone who works at Hotel Tibet -- even the owner -- is incredibly accommodating and gracious to guests. Some of the guests were pretentious and annoying, but the staff handled these ugly tourists so admirably. Next, the restaurant and bar areas: Loved having breakfast on the terrace, off the restaurant, each morning. Appreciated the Illy coffee. Breakfast fare was good and occasionally great. If you order during the rest of the day, try the sizzling chicken and chili chicken. While I appreciated the comforts of the lobby, my favorite space in the hotel is the rooftop bar and terrace. Impeccably clean, with an array of comfortably shady areas. Ample space, greenery, and fresh air. Relatedly, I admired the impeccable landscaping/greenery around the hotel. Third, I appreciated the wide hallways, with quality thick wooden beams and Tibetan decor. Next, during my stay, I stayed in rooms on the third, fourth, and fifth floors. My understanding is that one room used to be haunted, but a Brahman priest performed a ritual and the ghost hasn't been seen since. In general, the rooms were comfortable but left a little something to be desired. I didn't spend much time in my hotel room. I did watch HBO, but room amenities weren't a priority for me. A quiet location. The back of the hotel offers views of Monkey Temple in the distance. The Radisson, diagonally across from Hotel Tibet, has a great buffet. Between the Radisson and Hotel Tibet, taxis are always available. The street across from the Radisson has a convenient market at the end. The Chinese restaurant above it is good. The money exchange storefronts may give you slightly more than hotel. That street is lined with shops (e.g., silk and cashmere scarves, jewelry, t-shirts, diety statues), where you must bargain hard-core or get taken advantage of. I didn't like shopping anywhere in Kathmandu because they take such advantage of tourists. On this street, some of the shopkeepers will take unbelievable advantage, especially of women. It was psychologically painful to endure their tactics. However, the jewelry manufacturing store about halfway down is an exception. They are a bit uneven in their pricing, so bargain, but I recommend taking old jewelry with you for repair. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kathryn L
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about us. I appreciate your mention of the views, decor and amenities of our hotel. No effort was spared in the decor and furnishing, carefully selected to exceed all expectations. We were pleased to hear that our effort to exceed expectation has been noticed and were kind enough to share your memorable experience with us on trip adviser. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our Associates, they are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded. I have shared your wonderful remarks with our staff and it is highly appreciated by all – Especially Mr. Karma. We will continue to work hard to proof our self worthy of your every praise. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and please let us know should you require anything apart from this.
We look forward to having you back at Hotel Tibet!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is nice and food is good. Tried Tibetan platter which was too much for one person to consume. Both restaurants, in the roof top and on the ground floor are good. Wifi connection is scratchy though!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gmahesh7
HotelTibet, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Tibet, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear “Great Ambience”
We are pleased to hear our service experience was exceptional. We are very proud of the level of service provided by our Associates, they are very intuitive and work hard to ensure your every need is not only met, but exceeded. Thank you for your kind words about food and restaurant, as we take great pride in our attention to detail. Our team works tirelessly to provide fastest network but this is a countrywide problem and we are still working to make it better. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the property.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The reviews on this hotel are very nice, and my wife and I were really looking forward to staying here. However, our airline changed our layover time and we requested for ONE LESS night 07/31/14 to 08/03/14 as opposed to the 30th. We were told that we would have to cancel and then we were offered a price that was nearly the same as our original 4 nights. So if you might be in this predicament, I would choose a hotel that honors the original agreed upon price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear humblenodnarb,
We sincerely appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. We apologies for the quandary but if you look at the policies its clearly return that ‘’ In case of cancellation less than 48 hours prior to arrival or in case of no-show, one night-stay per room will be charged 100%’’ Also you could have simply rejected our proposal instead of agreeing on that. We have checked in our system and I hope you also had a second visit in our hotel. Definitely there must be some misunderstanding. Our hotel always tried to give more satisfaction and facility as we do for our own family and we will continue to do that in future as well.
I hope to present you the best possible service in the near future.