Kantipur Temple House
US$121
Hotels.com
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Silver Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$14
  • Restaurant
US$134
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewshot water bottleselectric blanketseco friendlyorganic foodnewari architecturetraditional stylemorning yogainner courtyarddeluxe rooman oasisbeautiful hotelthe hustle and bustlewood carvingsno air conditioningdurbar squareeco hotelbusy kathmandu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very expensive compared to other hotel in Thamel. Well I stayed 02 nights but later I moved to another hotel in Thamel. Well the front desk staff, Mr Suman was more than good enough to arrange and provide free information and helped us to arrange taxi and every thing in very affordable price.
Paying more than $100 for a night doesn't make you happy as their are lots of good hotel in Thamel in half prices with same amenities and facilities.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was one of the more pleasant that we stayed in while Nepal. It was cute and gave a good vibe. Though the bed maybe wasn't a large enough for a Western man per say, the safety and security levels, cleanliness level, staff helpfulness level, and amenities were all sufficient to give it an average rating on a world scale. I wouldn't mind staying there if I am ever in Kathmandu again. I cannot say the same for other hotels in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CWEB11235
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This review is a bit late by more than a year, I just realized that I have not written one for this hotel and I believe it deserves one. We stayed at the hotel in December 2012, winter time with power shedding. Generally, I was happy with our stay. The hotel is clean, not to mention the beautiful Newari architecture of the building. The rooms are large, we had a sitting area and seating by the window. The bed is big, and comfortable and they had hot pillow bottles that kept the blankets warm enough for the cold winter night. The bathroom is of good size and has hot water (which is very very valuable and hard to find in the other hotels we stayed outside of KTM).

The hotel is environment friendly so you will not find plastic bottles or cups, their water is served in brass pitcher which I think makes the Nepal experience “authentic”.

Our hotel rate didn’t come with breakfast but we took it at the hotel’s restaurant. They served Nepali food which we found to be good and okay, but of course you can have something similar at a much lower price outside.

The hotel is located in a quieter area of Thamel, about 2 blocks walk. It’s not a very “scenic” walk and some parts are dark at night. But in the road where the hotel is, they already have security guards which made us feel safe especially when returning in the evening. The hotel has a very beautiful garden where it is good to just relax or have some tea.

We had one bad incident with them where they failed to pick us up at the airport on arrival. It was part of the hotel rate and we waited for about 30 minutes. It was late night and we worried that we might just get ripped off or get into danger (eventually, we realized that this was baseless, KTM was peaceful and people were kind). We finally ended up getting a very old taxi which thankfully still managed to bring us to the hotel in the middle of the night. When I brought this up to the front desk, they were not very apologetic and even argued with me that they had sent a car. Anyway, I insisted that I will just talk to the manager the next day. We eventually agreed that to make up for the mess-up, they will bring us to airport when we fly out (hotel rate only included 1-way free pick up service), but not after I kept following up the front desk everyday. Other that this, I find everything in our hotel to still be very good and pleasant. The other hotel staff were also very courteous and ready to help.

Another good point is they allowed us to leave our luggage for free for 4 nights when we went to Chitwan. We stayed again at the hotel for our last night in KTM.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tambalyn
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went there on our honeymoon and we fell in love with this beautiful hotel. It is well located and the rooms are excellent and they even have yoga in the mornings!
We would definitely recommend it and will stay there if we ever go back to Nepal ^_^

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Rooms were clean, they had electric blankets on the beds, hot water was great. Wi fi was ok. Food was great, especially the brown bread at breakfast. All the food was home made and they have a no plastic policy in the hotel as well. They allowed us to keep our wine in their fridge for the whole stay.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a window, the "07" numbers don't seem to have.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends