“Good Location, Ok Room, But Staff isn't friendly”
Review of Royal Singi Hotel

Royal Singi Hotel
Ranked #102 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Dear Friends,
I had to visit Kathmandu city regularly for my business trip, I had been to this hotel thrice during last 2 months. Hotel is situated in the center heart of the city. Good location to reach from any place in kathmandu. Malls, Market, Restaurants and casinos all are walking distance of 5 minutes.
I will not say food is that too bad, but not tasty enough. Rooms are clean and ok to stay. Air conditioner was not working in my room during my second visit, but that might be a sudden issue only. But the most important thing i did not liked was the behavior of the front reception desk staffs. The staff are not friendly and not smiley at all. Otherwise hotel is good to stay at.

Room Tip: You can find a better option
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Like many people I suspect, I stayed here for a couple of a days before and after a 12 day hike to Everest Base Camp. Grand reception area, friendly staff and rooms that are easily comparable to more western hotels. Location was good, as I am a seasoned hiker it was no problem to walk to the Monkey Temple from the hotel, also Durbar Square and most of the other central Kathmandu places of interest. There's a supermarket across the street that sells most things than you might want too plus an ATM machine. Breakfast was a good choice and perfectly adequate for mass catering, absolutely no issues with that. Definitely would stay there again. Oh and the long hot shower that I had on returning from Base Camp was THE BEST EVER I have had in my life. Worth five stars for that alone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed for the first night on an Exodus trip to Everest Base Camp. The trip from the airport to the city was a real eye-opener for someone who had never been to Asia before and I was more than a little apprehensive about the standard of the hotel but I was pleasantly surprised. This had what felt like a bit of colonial elegance (not sure if that's un-pc!). Room was clean, neat, tidy. Inclusive breakfast was excellent. I didn't realise that that would be my last decent feed for nearly two weeks and I wish I had eaten more. Stayed here on the way back too and the only fault I could find was that the shower was tepid at best, but given the colour of the water in Kathmandu that might not have been such a bad thing after all...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013

my second visit to royal singi...spend 2 nights there...very spacious and clean rooms with spacious and clean washrooms...very near to darbar square..one of the best part in kathmandu..
food was good..specially the snacks, served in bar...they have restaurant and bar section on first floor.they provides a complimentary breakfast on room booking....small garden..sitting / eating area around garden...parking space..nice lobby ..with lots of hand made paintings..in every room..they have attached rooms, separated by doors..so that a big family can also accommodate together...
overall a nice hotel with nice rooms..nice food..and best part is value for money.. will definitely use the same hotel again..
i will recommend this hotel for all kind of travelers.

Room Tip: rooms on opposite sides are bit quieter and bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lalbahadur
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After staying in several hotels over a few trips to Nepal, I think I have found one hotel I will utilise again. The room is basic but it is clean and the staff are very pleasant. The only let down was the water smelt. Not exactly sure of what but I was clean at the end. It is in a great location for Kathmandu and the rates are reasonable. The beds were comfortable and I slept like a log. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Kathmandu.

Room Tip: my room was on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slodgey
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The best part of this hotel is that it is located centrally very near to the main market place of Kathmandu, yet much cheaper than the other hotels of same category nearby. Per day 2300 INR + taxes = Total 2800 INR per day with complimentary break fast is a good deal in Kathmandu. A big hotel with lots of rooms, nice decorated big lobby to hangout, nice behaviour from the staffs, I prefer the higher floors ( 5Th) for a nice view of the city. Walking dictance to some good shopping joints and a famous food hangout - Nanglo. Authentic Chinese restaurant in the 7th floor of this hotel. This is my 2nd stay and I am quite happy. Food is good, a bit costly but that is how Kathmandu is.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are good, check before whether the AC is working or not, in some rooms AC does not w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Subhadeepkolkata
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The hotel was booked as part of a group reservation by my tour operator so I cannot comment on the value. I have given this 5 stars as I am guessing it is advertised as a 'mid range' hotel - in this respect there are no complaints

The condition of the hotel was utter luxury compared with other places I stayed.

I had to wait quite some time to receive service from Bar Staff however I used the inhouse internet terminal and the manager couldn't have been more helpful. There was no printer linked to the terminal but he gave me his memory chip for me to save my online checkin details then print them in his office.

The location was great.

If i was staying in Kathmandu again I wouldn't hesitate to rebook this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends