“HONEYMOON PLACE”
Review of Hotel Access Nepal

Hotel Access Nepal
Ranked #43 of 210 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 3 December 2013

They arranged pickup from airport.Got welcome drink on arrival.Outstanding room for they provided me for my honeymoon.I stayed for 5 nights.Hotel is located in center of Thamil and perfect for shopping and sightseeing.Very rich and excellent quality breakfast.Very service oriented team and each and every staff is extremely helpful.Mr. Subhas arranged everything which saved us the extra work.

Room Tip: They will provide you best of the best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amitsingh302013
Subash k, Owner at Hotel Access Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your honeymoon trip in Nepal as well as thanks a lot for taking your precious time to reviewed our hotel. we are very glad to read that you enjoyed at our hotel and happy with our service, I hope you will choose us again if you will have next visit to Kathmandu. wish you all the very best. Thank you,
Subash & Team

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here on three seperate occasions over the last month following a recommendation from a colleague. Druba, the hotel manager and all of the hotel staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean and bright with comfortable beds and ample storage. The shower always ran hot and had superb water pressure, a welcome treat following a trek or long flight!
I really cannot express how much I enjoyed my stay at Access and how much I looked forward to returning to the hotel following several days further afield.

I will certainly stay again on my next visit and recommend to all friends planning a visit to Kathmandu!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Subash k, Owner at Hotel Access Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Jasmine,
Thanks a lot for your reviewed our hotel. we are very glad that you had a wonderful staying with us. We hope to have a another chance to serve you again. All the very best. Thank you.
Regards,
Subash&Team.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very friendly staff, excellent english spoken and real hot water! All of that in the best location in the heart of kathmandu!
Very clean rooms, no noise from the street, free wifi and a bathtub......... Just what you need after 4 weeks of trekking!

Greetings Barry and Rodney, Holland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Subash k, Owner at Hotel Access Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewed our hotel, we are very glad to read that you had a comfortable staying with us. It was our great pleasure to serve you. I hope that you will choose us again if you have plan to visit Nepal again, wish you all the very best and good luck. Thank you,
Subash & Team,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Originally I am from Nepal but currently I have been living in Sydney since several years. I often go to Nepal to see my parents, friends and relatives and of course to travel. I went to Nepal for a holiday with my couple of Aussie friends and we choose Hotel ACCESS to stay. The things that attracted me the most were its central location in Kathmandu, nice restaurant, friendly staffs and great services. The best thing I found about this Hotel is that they treat every guest as a friend. Manager's helped us to arrange the adventure tours. The hotel itself serves great food and has a well stocked bar, offer a laundry service and free internet and have very hot showers. I would definitely be going back and recommending this hotel to my friends... Thanks a lot for your great hospitality we will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ranjan D

Dear Ranjan,
Thank you so much for your giving us a golden opportunity to serve you. We are very much glad to know that you will choose us whenever you come Kathmandu. we are very glad that you found all the needed things during your staying with us. Your review, which inspire a lot to us for taking care of our valuable clients more and more. we are already very excited to see you again, All the very best for your next steps, Thank you so much.
Subash & Team,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 6 nights - 3 before our ABC Trek & 3 afterwards & were very pleased with everything about our stay.

The staff, without exception were polite, helpful & friendly regarding any enquiry we made. We changed money at the hotel & the rates charged were no different than any external banks of booths that we saw.

The rooms were spotless & well appointed & we had no problems with hot water during our stay. Our first room had twin beds & a balcony & our second a double with no balcony. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was good & varied too.

We chose the Access Nepal because of it's central location so didn't expect it to be without traffic noise. All the rooms are double glazed so the noise is minimal. As the previous reviewer has already pointed out, there is a reggae bar with excellent live music virtually next door. Unsurprisingly you can actually hear the music - it does stop at 11pm. My advice is to go into the reggae bar & enjoy it as the bands were excellent during our stay & we aren't exactly spring chickens! There aren't many hotels in Thamel that don't experience traffic noise at this price or considerably more so do some proper research before booking instead of moaning when you arrive - this is Thamel not Sleepy Hollow!!

We intend to return to Nepal in 2015 & the Hotel Access Nepal will be first on our list of accomodation. Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so agreeable.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a balcony ask when you book - all the rooms are street facing really.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Subash k, Owner at Hotel Access Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you so much for your valuable time to review our hotel, we are so much glad to read that you had not any problem during your staying with us, It was our pleasure to serve you and help you as much as you want for your comfortable staying in our hotel. We are already very excited that you have make your plan to visit Nepal in 2015 and would like to stay at our hotel for your next visit. we will be waiting for you for that day to serve you again, wish you all the very best and, of-course see you again, Thank you so much,
Subash and Team

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I find the two previous reviews (1* and 2*) hard to understand. We had two stays at Hotel Access, 7 weeks apart. From being picked up at the airport, the manager and the staff could not have been more helpful. They arranged a 12-day trek for my wife and I which was brilliant. They also arranged a good taxi for a full day sightseeing at very reasonable cost. The facilities and rooms are clean and excellent with a good supply of hot water for showers (not always the case in other hotels). Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. At times there is a bit of noise from outside but this is central Kathmandu and we did not find this an issue at all. I would fully recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Thamel area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very, very much not only for staying with us but millions of tanks for your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. we are very glad to read that you had a great staying with us, your review is so much precious to us which motivate us more for taking care of our valuable guest. We wish you all the very best for your every steps.
Thanks and Regards,
Subash and Hotel Access Nepal's Team

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel prior to our trek. The stay was ok, just that we were kept awake by the bar next door as well as the traffic since our room was road-facing.

Our trek ended a day earlier as expected and we flew back to Kathmandu. On the way from the airport to Thamel, we managed to get a room through Agoda. However, when we arrived at Hotel Access, we were told there was no room. Our Nepali friend, who is also an travel agent, was with us and asked for an explanation from the hotel staff. However, the staff was rude and since we couldn't understand Nepali, I let my friend speak to the staff. The atmosphere wasn't too good. Finally the hotel staff arranged for us to stay at Heritage Home, which is located not too far away.

When I asked my friend what did the staff said, my friend said that the staff commented that we were 3rd class tourists who just book through Agoda on our way to the hotel, looking for cheap deals, and the staff used bad languages which my friend refused to tell me the meaning behind the words.

It was totally uncalled for - we were certainly not 3rd class tourist. In fact, I operate a boutique travel agency myself and was sourcing for good accommodation in Thamel area so that I can put my clients in next time. Unfortunately, Hotel Access will never make it to my list because of one black sheep. It is a pity because there are some staff who were nice, the hotel location was excellent, the room was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Janice L
Subash k, Owner at Hotel Access Nepal, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,
As you try to book our hotel by phone for the same day via your travel agent but we had requested that we do not have room. we requested you that not to book via any booking engine because it was already last hour and room was full, we were very helpful and provided you the accommodation next by our hotel, we are unknown that what your travel agent explain you about us, there was not any thing that we told about you about your class and all, He was so much angry with our hotel staffs that we were not able to provide the room for you. All the very best.
Regards,